If DC became something you didn't like anymore

DCI isn't the only drum corps in town. I personally don't pay much attention to the division I activity anymore, though I don't mind engaging in a conversation about it. I'm beginning to lose interest in II/III as well, though in regards to support, I do more there than for division I mainly because that's where I came from, that's where I started. But as I said, there's more to drum corps than DCI. I've been spending that last 2-3 years in Japan's drum corps community and have taken quite a liking for it.

Drum Corps Europe is gaining ground as well.... and I betcha less than a handful of folks here know what the WAMSB is.

You win.

Drum corps exists in many shapes and forms...find one you like. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the actual translation is it's stupid to sit around on a DCI forum bragging about how much you hate DCI and never go to shows.

it's stupid to express your opinion? :rolleyes:

3) Not go to as many shows

3A) but continue to volunteer whenever I could

and I would also very likely reduce my participation on DCP or other drum corps related sites to lurker and VERY occasional poster.

That's just how I would handle it. I can't see any reason why I would keep going at the same level and talking about it at the same volume I do (or did) while I still really enjoyed it. It just doesn't make sense to me to keep going on about something I don't like anymore.

Stef

it's stupid to express your opinion? :rolleyes:

Its like going to a football message board on ESPN and telling everyone how much better football was back in the day. Sure, its an opinion, but just as there is a historical forum here (and div 2 and 3, and dca), im sure there are better uses for your time. Unfortunately, this section of dcp is where most of the drama is at, so everyone prety much congregates here. If more people who were sick of dci frequented those other sections, perhaps you would have a more interesting place to voice your opinion (not to mention more attentive readers...)

3. I still go to shows........though not as many as before.....

But I think this is just a natural part of where I am in life right now. We have a young child (going on 2) in our life and we don't travel as often nor as far, don't go out to a movie as often.

Even if I was as hot for drum corps today as I was in 1984, I wouldn't be around as much.

DCP will be closing in five minutes.

:P

To expound on that...

I think golf is boring.

I think it is stupid for people to go on a golf message board to complain about how boring golf is.

People on DCP act like opinions are some holy infallible thing that must constantly be shared.

There is a time and a place, I think a DCI forum is a stupid place to constantly ##### about how much you hate DCI and brag about how you haven't attended a show in 194 years.

To expound on that...

I think golf is boring.

I think it is stupid for people to go on a golf message board to complain about how boring golf is.

People on DCP act like opinions are some holy infallible thing that must constantly be shared.

There is a time and a place, I think a DCI forum is a stupid place to constantly ##### about how much you hate DCI and brag about how you haven't attended a show in 194 years.

You have a point...it's not as if anyone in the drum corps world is suddenly going to read DCP and say "OMG! Poster "Timmy Top Tooter" said we should add polka music to this years show....Spider-Friends, Go For It!" or anything else like that from any poster here.

Then again, there's no shortage of websites from politics to sports to bonsai tree shaping where people profer their opinions about how "Nixon was a better president than Garfield" or "The 1793 Boston BatBloppers were the best team ever, you guys should learn from them" to "My way is the only way to grow a bonsai".

It is what it is. Like some have suggested with the activity itself, taking a break from here can be a good thing (I've left for a few months before myself here and there over the five years I've been around DCP)....the arguments are revolving door, the sides are well-known, and until the next big news that comes down the pipe, it's just more of the same. :)

You have a point...it's not as if anyone in the drum corps world is suddenly going to read DCP and say "OMG! Poster "Timmy Top Tooter" said we should add polka music to this years show....Spider-Friends, Go For It!" or anything else like that from any poster here.

Then again, there's no shortage of websites from politics to sports to bonsai tree shaping where people profer their opinions about how "Nixon was a better president than Garfield" or "The 1793 Boston BatBloppers were the best team ever, you guys should learn from them" to "My way is the only way to grow a bonsai".

It is what it is. Like some have suggested with the activity itself, taking a break from here can be a good thing (I've left for a few months before myself here and there over the five years I've been around DCP)....the arguments are revolving door, the sides are well-known, and until the next big news that comes down the pipe, it's just more of the same. :)

Well, I've tried to take a break, but at my new job I've only got 20 hours a week worth of work to do in 40 hours until my security clearance goes through :P

Besides, DCP is like a terrible car accident, you want to stop looking but you can't

Edit: Also, I'm not even talking about people who get off on talking about how much they hate The Cadets or <insert corps here>. At least the majority of them still go to shows and like DCI at some level. I'm talking about a very small subsection of posters who hate everything to do with DCI but still take the time to brag about how much they hate it.

Edited by dbc03