Booing in drum corps

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Have you booed at a drum corps show?

• Never have, never will
    • never have, never will, but I don't object to other people booing
    • I have, but I won't again
    • I have, and I might again if inclined to

Didn't think people were judging the grammer of these post, maybe i'll put more thought into it next time. Honestly, I just did it really fast. Thanks

:doh::doh:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just came across as a complete idiot. Deal with it.

Edited to add - speak for yourself.

No one is complete and, thanks, I believe I did.

Actually I think it is the case.

What about heckling?

Maybe the negative passion wasn't always in the form of boos. Maybe sometimes it took the form of heckling. And I should have included heckling in the topic and the poll, but I honestly just thought of that. I heard lots of heckling during Cadets' show this year and in 2006. Did Blue Devils get heckled in 2005? I even remember Phantom Regiment getting heckled in 1994 during "Claire De Lune"! (I didn't observe it myself, I wasn't in the stadium at the time). In 2006 I was at a show the Cadets were at and I sat pretty far down, almost field level. I saw Hopkins and I had an urge to heckle him! I didn't, though.

I don't remeber that. I did hear a press box phone ringing in Denver and someone saying "sweet" on the CD.

I don't remeber that. I did hear a press box phone ringing in Denver and someone saying "sweet" on the CD.

It was in Racine, lots of old time drum corps fans and beer at the concession stand. Allegedly, someone yelled out "WHAT IS THIS ####??" during a soft part of Claire De Lune.

edited for filter circumvention - TS

I'm curious if there's an instance on record where booing or heckling a corps has resulted in "curing" that which the booers/hecklers deem inappropriate.

Has change really come about by booing?

Or is it truly just a last resort for those too immature and too lazy to come up with a more constructive way to express their disapproval... One that might even affect the changes they hope for.

It was in Racine, lots of old time drum corps fans and beer at the concession stand. Allegedly, someone yelled out "WHAT IS THIS ####??" during a soft part of Claire De Lune.

Hah, that's funny. Either I totally missed it or have just completely forgotten. (That might've been one of the few shows where I had to sub for someone on the begining Euph part, who was out with a sprained ankle. I had the darndest time not fracking on the higher notes, because I was still winded from El Amor Brujo. If so, then my mind was pretty well focused on not screwing up...) Yeah, we usually heard some funny stuff each year in the Rockford 4th of July parade. It was later in the day, so many spectators were pretty well lubricated by the time we strolled by. They'd yell things like, "Play LOUDER!!!" Lord a'mighty, how loud do you want it??? (By this point in the day, many of us had given in and were blowing our brains--and lips-- out).

I'm curious if there's an instance on record where booing or heckling a corps has resulted in "curing" that which the booers/hecklers deem inappropriate.

Has change really come about by booing?

Or is it truly just a last resort for those too immature and too lazy to come up with a more constructive way to express their disapproval... One that might even affect the changes they hope for.

Probably not. In a similar vein, I've never had much luck talking people out of going into darked cellars in scary movies. (I mean come on. At least turn on a light.)

Probably not. In a similar vein, I've never had much luck talking people out of going into darked cellars in scary movies. (I mean come on. At least turn on a light.)

You are aware Jamie Lee Curtis cannot hear you.... right?

:P