Booing in drum corps

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Have you booed at a drum corps show?

• Never have, never will
    • never have, never will, but I don't object to other people booing
    • I have, but I won't again
    • I have, and I might again if inclined to

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never boo anywhere near the general direction of any group of young people working as hard as they can to entertain me, no matter how much I don't like whatever they're putting out. I'll never understand those who do, and find nothing but pity for them (or embarrassed for them)(, but I'll never say they don't have the right to do it until they're blue in the face.

Whatever...I've only been around shows for the past 5 years, and unlike some folks around here, I only talk about that which I know. To that end, I have never experienced booing to this degree, and it was my worst experience as a fan. I would feel the same way if it was another corps, though of course it wouldnt have affected me as personally. Really, its pretty simple....

Nick - they don't get it because they don't WANT to get it. It serves their purposes better to be obtuse. :P

<snip>

Or is it truly just a last resort for those too immature and too lazy to come up with a more constructive way to express their disapproval... One that might even affect the changes they hope for.

BINGO!!!! We have a winner!!!! :doh: b**bs :P

Oh, what B.S. The performers aren't being booed. Hop knowingly brings this on himself. If he doesn't want it, then don't design it into the show. Otherwise, it's just crocodile tears.

Sorry bud. The performers (as if they are somehow not people now) are being booed. They were booed at warmups, several miles from where GH was, and they were booed on the way out of the stadium at least once. You can say it wasnt at them till you're blue in the face, but the interpretations of the corps members who received the boos does not in any way agree with your interpretation. If I punch you in the shoulder, and you say it hurts, who am I to say otherwise? Better yet, lets ask some bystanders if it looked like it hurt to them, or how they interpreted it. All things being equal, whose interpretation to you go with?

Didn't you know that if you start pointing out grammar and spelling mistakes, it makes you more mature and more able to prove your point? You should try it some time!

But...umm, he didnt actually have a point :doh:

Still waiting for any of the 37 people who have admittedly booed a drum corps to share an example of how their behavior brought about the change they desired.

Please, enlighten me. I'm looking for a justification to start booing corps or directors I don't particularly care for. Unfortunately, my respect for the kids currently prohibits me from acting in this manner, but I'm open to changing my ways if a legitimate reason can be made.

Sorry, not elitist, but if someone doesn't know the difference between "were" and "we're" and thinks that capitalization is optional, then they can't get their point across effectively no matter what the argument.

Try getting a job in the real world with those kinds of presentation skills and the whole "I'm just a kid" thing doesn't wash.

... or is your rant just based on bias related to your sig? Either way, it really doesn't matter. Flame away! :doh:-

Actually it's based on something not related to my sig, but like you said, it doesnt matter. Last time I checked, companies werent looking on the dcp forums for new hires anyway, so i dont think your little theory there holds water. Face it, we live in a text message generation, where most kids wonder why you cant use 2 instead of to, and lolcorps gets 92 pages. I agree that people on average need better writing skills, and I generally type well enough myself, but im not about to go white on rice for someone who doesnt take the same care I do.

Oh, and btw, it was a saturday night. There are more reasons to sound 'illiterate' than a lack of education... :doh: