DeLucia = Madden?

Hey, I like what he is doing. I don't always agree with what he says, but I do like the fact that he at least says SOMETHING. I was really getting sick of all the PC, "everybody's great" stuff.

Angelica wasn't afraid to throw a few opinions into the mix either. He probably ruffled a few feathers, but we didn't have DCP back in '86 to give people a forum to whine on.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The team who scores the most points will win this game today!"

-John Madden

The best is when you're trying to play the game on Xbox and he just keeps making comments :rolleyes:

Finally some criticism, and sure enough, people get insular. Do you know how long it took for me to understand that the top corps actually do make mistakes? I had to get out of a bad high school band program.

The fact that this makes the performers imperfect makes it that much more amazing. Most people don't see any difference, and when they do, then they can see that such a tiny difference in excellence to the untrained eye really is the only difference.

It's a welcome addition, and if you noticed it, you also should have noticed that he stuck to generally concrete criticisms that were accurate, not opinions.

I actually didn't mind DeLucia...for the first time!

Of course, his comments favorable to Crown may have swayed me! :rolleyes:

Now thats funny... :)

hell, they have "critical analysis" on cheerleading too, so all of you who whine about this need to build a bridge and get over it.

<**> to you DCP Liberals

as Denis Leary said, in Demolition man...

"I've seen the future. It's a 47 year old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas drinking a banana broccoli shake singing I'm an Oscar Mayer weiner"

Are you sure he wasn't talking about Mike Boo? Sounds like his M.O., right down to the Banana-Broccoli shake! b**bs

Um, I'm so so against PC, it isn't funny. The difference between "real sports" and drum corps is obvious, those guys get paid to be perfect so, being critical of them when they aren't is expected. I am sure there is a better way to point out ones flaws on the biggest night of the year, that might be less degrading.

RM - show me the, forget it

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

Are you sure he wasn't talking about Mike Boo? Sounds like his M.O., right down to the Banana-Broccoli shake! b**bs

I don't do bananas.

i didn't notice anyone being overly critical.. stating the obvious isn't being critical, is it?

actually, i thought it was a good aspect of the show and would have liked to have seen more.