Reality shows get a drum corps makeover

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great stuff as usual, but I think you missed one:

Real World Drum Corps...watch as kids (or corps staff) from all over move in to a house and people have to live together before tour starts (most applicable to part-time corps)

And you think anyone on the outside would believe that really happens? :)

Link to article

Edited by Michael Boo

i think the staff swap would be pretty jammin. Have somebody who from the outside looks like a complete nut ( my vis capt) but is actually amazing , and swap him with a really low key guy. or switch horn staff with diffrent techniques. i.e. breathing gym vs. running and then playing ect.

And you think anyone on the outside would believe that really happens? :)

i could say the exact same thing about about reality tv in its entirety. :P

on i side note i always thought it would be fun to apply for mtv's real world so i could just make a complete mess of it if i ever got picked. ^0^

I like the drum corps punk'd idea. Another thought for that would be to throw in one extra field judge, and have him make crazy comments like "the guard needs to play louder." and "the drum major's drill is too easy for a competitive drum corps! Box 2!"

I think its funny how drum corps is the exact opposite of all those junky Survivor type reality shows. In drum corps you PAY to live with a bunch of other people. You work TOGETHER to acomplish a task and do it for ZERO money and almost ZERO fame! Its a beautiful thing. :)

Great article btw...

Edited by Latrobe's Finest

For Food Junkies....

HELL'S KITCHEN: The Corps Edition

A complete staff of volunteers man a corps kitchen. One by one their skills are put to the test as they are subjected to the emotional whims of their Executive Chef - that meanie, Rachel Ray. :P The one who is voted "BEST DISH" by their corps members wins a night off at Championships.

DINNER IMPOSSIBLE: The Pre-Regional Feeding

Watch Robert Irvine challeged to create 400 lunches in just a few hours to feed the corps who are moving from the semis to finals that night in San Antonio. (I really want to see this!)

IRON CHEF DRUM CORPS

I think this has been done! Match up corps kitchen staff - and the judges are competive corps members who don't know which dish is which. (Or real judges).

I’ve got a few others.

1. Hide The Overage Member. A show about the wonders of makeup and disguises. Alias, FX?

2. Throw Back Shows. Give a corps a selected show from ‘the dark ages’ and see what happens. Or … give them EQUIPMENT from the dark ages and see what happens.

3. Full Contact Drum Corps. Take a guard from one corps and put them in another corps drill … WITHOUT rehearsal! Sort of like UFC.

great stuff as usual, but I think you missed one:

Real World Drum Corps...watch as kids (or corps staff) from all over move in to a house and people have to live together before tour starts (most applicable to part-time corps)

If that were the apartments I lived in for all days, there'd be like 20 regulars on the show. That's way too many people for a tv show! :)

For Food Junkies....

DINNER IMPOSSIBLE: The Pre-Regional Feeding

Watch Robert Irvine challeged to create 400 lunches in just a few hours to feed the corps who are moving from the semis to finals that night in San Antonio. (I really want to see this!)

I thought about this... I wonder if he'd do it since the truck is so limiting... it's a challenge in some corps thats for sure. Not all food trucks are made alike!

I also wonder if the guy from Dirty Jobs would take on the food truck for a day. That's a great show too... and I'm sure he could appreciate the kids on another level too since he's a musician himself (pro opera singer).