Renegades and Star United

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember, Sunrisers' top has a fair amount of orange, but was mostly blue. Could be mistaken. Kind of busy, but distinctive.

At a band contest some years back I remember seeing a group (who's name escapes me) in exact copies of Cavies uni except the green was replaced with orange. I like orange, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. The bando parents next to me kept going on about how beautiful and original it was. :laugh:

From what I remember, Sunrisers' top has a fair amount of orange, but was mostly blue. Could be mistaken. Kind of busy, but distinctive.

At a band contest some years back I remember seeing a group (who's name escapes me) in exact copies of Cavies uni except the green was replaced with orange. I like orange, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. The bando parents next to me kept going on about how beautiful and original it was. :laugh:

*shudders in horror*

'Course there was Valhalla HS in San Diego back when I was in HS...their first uni was the traditional (at the time) white Q-Tip busbie with a BD-style jacket...in orange with white trim....ewwww!

All twenty of us will wear pink busbies, hop on one foot and play the calliope.

WTF is a busbie?

Karen, I marched with a couple of old Guardsmen in Renegades. They played the #### out of Greensleeves back in the day - another one of those tunes that made me want to march drum corps.

WTF is a busbie?

Karen, I marched with a couple of old Guardsmen in Renegades. They played the #### out of Greensleeves back in the day - another one of those tunes that made me want to march drum corps.

A busbie is one of those giant Q-tip type bando hats. Larry R. and I wore them during warmups with the Bridgemen in 83 as we fought over an old style mace...after the kids in the coats "liberated" the two hats from a school we were staying at that Summer.

I loved the Guardsmen low brass sound. Very warm and full, and darker than any of the other corps at that particular point in time.

KS

WTF is a busbie?

gold_black_busbie.jpg

Man, the busby gettin' no respect!

From Wikipedia:

Busby is the English name for the Hungarian prémes csákó or kucsma, a military head-dress made of fur, worn by Hungarian hussars. In its original Hungarian form the busby was a cylindrical fur cap, having a bag of colored cloth hanging from the top. The end of this bag was attached to the right shoulder as a defense against sabre cuts. In Great Britain busbies are of two kinds: (a) the hussar busby, cylindrical in shape, with a bag; this is worn by hussars and the Royal Horse Artillery; (B) the rifle busby, a folding cap of astrachan (curly lambswool) formerly worn by rifle regiments, in shape somewhat resembling a Glengarry but taller. Both have straight plumes in the front of the headdress.

guards-kl.jpg

More history than the #10 can shako, I bet.

Edited by nbrown

that's the 2nd time this morning i've seen the Wiki definition of a busby on DCp. there's something in the air this morning!!! :ph34r: