Renegades and Star United

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first year competing in the Mini Corps contest was 2001 in Syracuse, NY. At that time, there was a total of 8 minicorps competing, and as luck would have it we (RenegadesMiniCorps) won the show that night.

Fast forward to 2007...

This year I wasn't planning on doing minicorps, however I did end up covering a sop spot in the Outlaws (Frontier's minicorps), had a great time meeting great people, and we took 10th place out of EIGHTEEN minicorps.

EIGHTEEN. From EIGHT in 01 to EIGHTEEN in 07.

So, we beat MORE minicorps in our 10th place position in 07 than Renegades did winning it all in 01. Just goes to show you that minicorps is fiercely competitive, with highly polished and entertaining programs and it'll ONLY go uphill from here!

I had something else to say, I'll be back when I think of it.....

Mikey,

Those are going to have to be some mighty tall shakos...

:P

BTW, congrats!

Karen

Thanks Karen. Trying hard to keep the old gang moving forward.

My theory is that with a few years to prepare we might be able to slim our considerable mass down a bit. Doing the 91' Cross to Cross at our age and condition could get ugly.....fast.

Maybe we could work stretchers in as props?

So what did he do - learn the pit instruments two weeks before the gig like he did with baritone in 1985???

I saw him in that uniform before you did your post show concert in the parking garage, but I had to run off to bed...

So if I come back "home" will I get my original user name on the forum? Whos ### do I have to kiss to get back on?

You, my good woman, better not kiss anyone's ###...unless it's some hottie you hook up with!

And Roscoe, it was great to hear from you! I hope you go - if only so there's someone there to keep Sara out of trouble!

####, I miss the Guardsmen...and their lovely hats. :) Was it 79 or 80 that they had such a lovely hornline?

Cheers!

Karen

All twenty of us will wear pink busbies, hop on one foot and play the calliope.

I'm down for the busbies. Can I stick horns on the side of mine and recite the Order of Buffalos pledge?

Loved the Guardsmen, but not the shakos. There was just something awkward about them. Somebody needs to do an orange uniform again. Truly one of the lost colors. Not to much fuschia nowadays either. I'm just bored with blue and red.