ATTENTION 27th Lancers alumni and friends!

Thanks, John!

Really wish that I could be with youse guys!!!

We'll be thinking about you tomorrow when we play "Danny Boy" at the Columbus Day Parade!!! b**bs

Maybe we'll segue into the "Tarantella"!!! :P

You know we actually watched 80 Bridgemen Friday night... :) Good times! :rock: Awesome party, it was great seeing all of y'all...

My hips are paying for all that dancing I did Saturday night....Patty C. was a hoot! :rock: Boy do I have some great pictures of Gary and Patty dancing... b**bs :rock:

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plymouth police are investigating why there is a large green 2-7 painted on Plymouth Rock.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Work, even in this case, had to come first :(

Plymouth police are investigating why there is a large green 2-7 painted on Plymouth Rock.

LOL... b**bs

You missed a heckuva party, let me tell you!

Edited by Lancerlady

I thought I painted a 2-7 on something the other night. Hmmm............

I thought I painted a 2-7 on something the other night. Hmmm............

Tell Kenny to check his butt. You stayed in the same room, didn't you?

It was a real treat to see all of our brothers and sisters again. Even though most of us have become a bit thicker around the middle and thinner, or grayer up top, we still can act like we never grew up.

We really never did.

I want to say a few words about Terry's opening comments at dinner. I appreciated the recognition of our founding members who sustained the corps through the inaugural years of 1967/1968, and was so pleased to see so many of them in attendance. Without them we would not have had a foundation and tradition to build on. We stood on the shoulders of giants, and the view was tremendous. Thanks guys.

The members of the 1986 Lancers also have a special place in our history. They were the ones charged with turning off the lights and locking the door for the last time and leaving the Lancer house clean and tidy Their task was no less difficult than the one charged to our original members, and no less honorable. Thanks guys.

Our brothers and sisters who have left us over the years live on with us in the memories of our younger days. Each of them lives on in a special place in our hearts and unlike us, their uniforms will always fit, they will always win the World Open and for them the busses will always pull into a rest stop at just the right time. They will be nineteen forever. Thanks guys.

The 1994 alumni who proved that the impossible could not only be done, but made to look easy, are responsible for keeping the light and the heat alive for at least one more generation. You made a statement to all that there are traditions and values that should be preserved. And Geez, that statement was LOUD! Some naysayers chastised you, saying you were just trying to relive your youth, they just didn't get it. Thanks guys.

And of course, without George and Patsy, we would never have found each other, shared lots of laughs and tears and been the family that we still are today. We would never have known the thunder of applause, or the unbridled wrath of George when some hats went missing. We would not have been the 27th Lancers. Thanks guys.

Terry was right about another thing. This was our 40th reunion and we have never once over the years considered handing out name tags to those attending.

We know who we are.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

AMEN....What Steve said :wall:

And, to add to what Steve said so eloquently, to those who marched in Lancer uniform for the first time in 1994 - those who previously marched in the Boston Crusaders, North Star, the Saugus Socialites, and dozens of other corps near and far - thank YOU for adding to the melting pot that was the 1994 alumni corps. You are no less important than any of us were. I wish I could go back to 1994 and thank each of you personally. That was such an overwhelming experience! It was all I could do to make it through rehearsals surrounded by GIANTS. :worthy::wall::wall:

Thanks alot Steve, that means alot to me hearing that from you. I wish more from the last years would've shown up though. If you can just imagine how it felt for us to be the ones to have to carry that burden. :(

I had such a great time. I felt that we were able to get a better understanding of each other, personally. I enjoyed getting to know everybody. :wall:

Edited by Lancerlady

Photos and video! Give! ^0^

I wish I could have been there....but email with your stories so I can be your alibies...so at 2am, John, you were with friends playing cards, right? B)