ATTENTION 27th Lancers alumni and friends!

I know this may seem "sad" to some of y'all but this will be Roger and mine's first trip away from Ryan for the weekend. So we are going to be very, VERY irresponsible! b**bs

Happy 27th day btw, today is our 5 year anniversary! :blink:

I want video!!!!

I can't be the fly on the wall...I want reports, essays, video, audio...I want it all! B)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all 27th Lancers Alumi and Family. The Glassmen Family and Alumni Assocation(GFAA) Send their love. Sorry we do not have a check for you in the amount of $127.27. :whistle:

The first time I seen you all was at the 1974 DCI prelims. In Ithaca NY. I think you finished 20th or something like that. The next time I seen you all was at the DCI Finals at Phily. Where you all finished 4th. :lol::wub: The next time I seen you all was on PBS in 94. How could you not have tears both on and off the Field. :doh::wub::worthy: The next time I seen you all was yesterday when I went to your site and found your 94 DCI video. Shame on all of you for making a grown man cry for 30 + minutes. To make matters worse like a fool I watched the Video again. Yep, I once again cried like a baby. :wub::lol::drool::doh:

Now it is very clear why the Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps are so good today. The 27th Lancers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps showed them the way and set the bar very, very high.

I know you do not know me but if I may, I would like to ask a favor to all 27th Alum who are going to your 40th. Please take your cell phones and give an Alum a call who could not make it. You never know what could happen. There is this great new CD by Melissa Etheridge called Awakening. go to aol music and you will find it. I ask that you listen to this one song that to me captures the 27th Lancers Family very well. The song is called What Happens Tomorrow

Peace, Dean

I know this may seem "sad" to some of y'all but this will be Roger and mine's first trip away from Ryan for the weekend. So we are going to be very, VERY irresponsible! b**bs

Happy 27th day btw, today is our 5 year anniversary! :whistle:

I want video!!!!

I can't be the fly on the wall...I want reports, essays, video, audio...I want it all! B)

Video will be provided to those who can wake up in time and shown on the hotel TV station....usually before check out !!!! :sshh:

Hello to all 27th Lancers Alumi and Family. The Glassmen Family and Alumni Assocation(GFAA) Send their love. Sorry we do not have a check for you in the amount of $127.27. :whistle:

The first time I seen you all was at the 1974 DCI prelims. In Ithaca NY. I think you finished 20th or something like that. The next time I seen you all was at the DCI Finals at Phily. Where you all finished 4th. :lol::wub: The next time I seen you all was on PBS in 94. How could you not have tears both on and off the Field. :doh::wub::worthy: The next time I seen you all was yesterday when I went to your site and found your 94 DCI video. Shame on all of you for making a grown man cry for 30 + minutes. To make matters worse like a fool I watched the Video again. Yep, I once again cried like a baby. :wub::lol::drool::doh:

Peace, Dean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the compliments. The 94 alumni corps was a VERY special experience, one of the proudest accomplishments the 27th Lancers ever had. We felt love and empowerment while on the field in Foxboro like I have never experienced. It was a labor (and I DO mean labor - we worked our mofo ##### off that year) of love and a desire to prove to the world that Jurassic old folks could still do it. I cry every time I watch that video of the 1994 performance - tears of combined joy, love for my brothers and sisters, and sorrow for those lost along the years - Santo, George Z., my dad - a devoted fan, Darlene, and all those who have passed along. Sorry the Glassmen can't send us any money :P $127.27 might have paid for 1/27th of a round of beers! Stay well and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the kind words.

Jimmy

Now it is very clear why the Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps are so good today. The 27th Lancers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps showed them the way and set the bar very, very high.

I know you do not know me but if I may, I would like to ask a favor to all 27th Alum who are going to your 40th. Please take your cell phones and give an Alum a call who could not make it. You never know what could happen. There is this great new CD by Melissa Etheridge called Awakening. go to aol music and you will find it. I ask that you listen to this one song that to me captures the 27th Lancers Family very well. The song is called What Happens Tomorrow

Peace, Dean

Hello Dean - and I am glad we could make you cry !!!! I was there in 1974, along with drmr27, watching finals from the stands. Yes, we were 20th and that made us cry. It was especially painful for those ageouts that had enjoyed so much success from 71 or 72. And yes, 73 was a great season as well.

It was also magical in 1994. When I was able to march with some of the greatest Lancers of all time from the 69-72 years. Since I was also on the drum staff in 94, I was begging Jim Wedge to have us play Wee MacGregor complete with the bugle call. It was the time of my life when the 27th Lancers changed to face of drum corps - most notably 1971.

FWIW - yes - we also cried after 1994. After 18 months of struggles with practice, baby sitting, exhibitions, parades, run thrus, sectionals - and a few parties - there was a vacuum of energy that left this earth and we were suddenly sent back to the real world and our daily grind.

Thanks, sincerely, for sharing your thoughts.

Jim

:whistle::doh::wub: The next time I seen you all was yesterday when I went to your site and found your 94 DCI video.

Peace, Dean

Dean,

Thanks for the kudos! You just made me think back to that special night (August 20,1994)......(how did I know that? Wow!??) and remember an equally special moment.

One of my 6 million job responsibilities was to meet Don Pesceone after the show and get a copy of the performance tape to bring back to our hotel for the All-Night Party. As Don & I approached the TV truck, he introduced me to Tom Blair, the producer. Tom is neither a small or shy man. His deep tone and assuming presence reminded me of my high school headmaster. Tom shook my hand and I thought he was going to snap it off at the wrist. Tom looked right through me and said;

"Nice to meet you, Terry. Good show tonight!"

Then he seemed to turn angrily to me and went on by saying;

"You people went over your scheduled appearance time and it cost the network a lot of money." I said nothing. Don said nothing.

Tom said; "You people cost this network over $10,000 by going overtime!............"

He paused and then smiled and said; ......"And it was worth every penny!"......

(I'll remember that forever!)

Dean,

Thanks for the kudos! You just made me think back to that special night (August 20,1994)......(how did I know that? Wow!??) and remember an equally special moment.

One of my 6 million job responsibilities was to meet Don Pesceone after the show and get a copy of the performance tape to bring back to our hotel for the All-Night Party. As Don & I approached the TV truck, he introduced me to Tom Blair, the producer. Tom is neither a small or shy man. His deep tone and assuming presence reminded me of my high school headmaster. Tom shook my hand and I thought he was going to snap it off at the wrist. Tom looked right through me and said;

"Nice to meet you, Terry. Good show tonight!"

Then he seemed to turn angrily to me and went on by saying;

"You people went over your scheduled appearance time and it cost the network a lot of money." I said nothing. Don said nothing.

Tom said; "You people cost this network over $10,000 by going overtime!............"

He paused and then smiled and said; ......"And it was worth every penny!"......

(I'll remember that forever!)

Never knew we were timed!! Terry, thanks for getting that video. Seeing it so soon after the performance was an unexpected treat. Your middle initial is "Q"????? WTF. Thanks for reminding me about Brother Robertus. Hadn't thought about him in years.... Hope to catch up with you at the reunion if I can make it.

Jimmy

Thanks for reminding me about Brother Robertus.

Jim,

He left the brotherhood and got married in the eighties.

JM