ATTENTION 27th Lancers alumni and friends!

Kevin, Kenny and I will be there Steph... See you then

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you also the one who came up with the idea to spell out "The Lancers are Funny" with Coors beer cans at our practice facility?

Yeah, me and Hymie. If you remember we finished 9th in prelims. We were pretty bummed out and were talking about how much fun we had that summer. We were both aging out that year and it would be a shame to end our marching days in 9th place. So we decided to use this small mountain of beer cans to leave a message to the world. Of course, we ended up in seventh which pretty much maxed out the 78 show's potential so it wasn't all bad.

Were you also the one who came up with the idea to spell out "The Lancers are Funny" with Coors beer cans at our practice facility?

...and it goes without saying that they both made sure that each can was empty! I vaguely remember someone referring to it as "Can-Can" Artwork.... which was totally appropriate in 1978!

Back on Topic... These stories and hundreds more will be shared over the weekend in Plymouth!

I just hope I win a "Dowel-Bag" for traveling the farthest! I'm coming in from San Jose!.... wouldn't miss this for the world!

Looking forward to seeing EVERYONE! Wait til you see this year's favors for the 40th. Roger, Steph & I know what they are....but we're sworn to secrecy. Everyone else will need to get to Plymouth to see for themselves!

See you all in a couple of weeks!

...and it goes without saying that they both made sure that each can was empty! I vaguely remember someone referring to it as "Can-Can" Artwork.... which was totally appropriate in 1978!

Back on Topic... These stories and hundreds more will be shared over the weekend in Plymouth!

I just hope I win a "Dowel-Bag" for traveling the farthest! I'm coming in from San Jose!.... wouldn't miss this for the world!

Looking forward to seeing EVERYONE! Wait til you see this year's favors for the 40th. Roger, Steph & I know what they are....but we're sworn to secrecy. Everyone else will need to get to Plymouth to see for themselves!

See you all in a couple of weeks!

Do you think you can handle the New England weather at this time of year? Or have you forgotten everything about us out here in the northeast? I certainly hope you don't think you'll need a winter jacket for those cool nights we have around here in October.

And that is exactly why they didn't give us drummers a dowel bag - it didn't hold enough cans !!!!!

Did you know that a harness for multi-tenors (3, 4, or 5 drums) can carry a twelve pack with ice onto the retreat field. Not that this ever happened (1978 Denver?, '79 Birmingham ?, '80 Birmingham?) :whistle:

Good thing I don't drink any more.....then again I don't drink any less :P

Edited by john2780

Do you think you can handle the New England weather at this time of year? Or have you forgotten everything about us out here in the northeast? I certainly hope you don't think you'll need a winter jacket for those cool nights we have around here in October.

Ferb, I'm preparing gradually! Last Saturday was the "First Rain" since April! It took a lot out me!

Actually, I have a full closet of "Winter Jackets" that I leave in a secret stash in the Boston area. Don't need em out here at all, and don't need the $$$ weight sur-charges with the airlines!

See you in a few weeks.....

Did you know that a harness for multi-tenors (3, 4, or 5 drums) can carry a twelve pack with ice onto the retreat field. Not that this ever happened (1978 Denver?, '79 Birmingham ?, '80 Birmingham?) :whistle:

Good thing I don't drink any more.....then again I don't drink any less :P

John,

You must have learned that trick from Lancer Legend & Dustin! Surely, a good Catholic High School boy like you wouldn't be involved in such diabolical activity, would you????

John,

You must have learned that trick from Lancer Legend & Dustin! Surely, a good Catholic High School boy like you wouldn't be involved in such diabolical activity, would you????

Actually Mr Dustin was able to carry a fully stocked bar in his harness along with other "paraphernalia", a couple of dancing girls ( Poles included), and I've heard rumors of sheep :sshh:

Actually Mr Dustin was able to carry a fully stocked bar in his harness along with other "paraphernalia", a couple of dancing girls ( Poles included), and I've heard rumors of sheep :sshh:

LOLOLOLOLOL. He also was known to like watermelon.

In 94 - Michael carried a "baby" picture around at practices and was showing anyone that would look. It was a young boy, 3 or 4 yrs old, with a striking resemblence to John Holmes. Many of the women, and a few men, were intrigued.

Don Bosco was in the middle of the combat zone, and I had a quick learning curve compared to you Malden Catholic boys.

When it comes to secret weapons - we had them all. From Jack Noble (RIP) to Dustin, to Hyman, to Ruprecht - and everyone in between.

How did all of us "Catholic School Boys" become a pack of washed-up Rock Stars????

The outside world looks at the reverence of the 27th Lancers like we all look at the "Clean-Cut" Beach Boys! Everyone is quickly finding out how many Dennis Wilsons we also had....

Time to save these savory moments for Plymouth!

George B and Ike Iannessa (RIP) would tell us all "NOT to air the dirty laundry"! Let's clean up this forum and save all this GREAT material for the ALL-NIGHT Hospitality room at our 40th.

Shame on all of us for sharing online that our drum corps experience was the "most fun you could have with your pants on!" After all, these teasers are just the 2-7 Marketing Department enticing in the last straglers to join us Oct 12-14th at our 40th Anniversary Reunion!