RCR Comeback?

taters

Tracy has taken all the instruments to an undisclosed location. The last I heard his intention is to sell these instruments so he can get back money he states he is owed, no official documents shows his figures. He has disbanded the board of directors.

What n the name all things holy would permit this guy to think he could collect and KEEP all of the equipment? and He singlehandedly disbanded the BOD?,........................I've got the first $100.00 to throw towards getting a lawyer and taking this guy to the cleaners................

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What n the name all things holy would permit this guy to think he could collect and KEEP all of the equipment? and He singlehandedly disbanded the BOD?,........................I've got the first $100.00 to throw towards getting a lawyer and taking this guy to the cleaners................

No lawyer needed.If the instruments were bought with organizational money,memberships fees and or performance fees, they belong to the organization and its theft.Go to the local District Attoney and file criminal theft charges.Even if he's owed money, the organization needs to pay him from the sale of assests or availible funds that may have been in the checking accounts.If the only assests are the equipment and the liabilities are greater than the assests, then the organization needs to file bankruptcy. As to one man shutting down the Board, no individual has that ability and the IRS needs to be contacted.They will definitely look into that.Don't need a lawyer for either,but is advisable.Just a phone call from anyone and filling out complaints, will start both processes.Usually the DA is the first step, but remember this is going to be painful and can ruin someone's life.Be sure of your posistion before acting on it.Another step is to convene a membership and board meeting.Re-constitute the organization and notify the state and IRS of your activities. Notify him that he is in possesion of organizational property and it must be returned or face criminal charges.Do this carefully also since the new organization will assume all the debts of the past program. It realy comes down to if anyone cares enough to go through the crap to do this and most times only a few will actually step up to see it through.Been there, done that and its a crappy job.

Good Luck,

Usually the DA is the first step, but remember this is going to be painful and can ruin someone's life.Be sure of your posistion before acting on it.Another step is to convene a membership and board meeting.Re-constitute the organization and notify the state and IRS of your activities. Notify him that he is in possesion of organizational property and it must be returned or face criminal charges

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. We are actually one step ahead of everything you have suggested. I really appreciate any suggestions or comments. Please do not be burdened with what is gong on with RCR. There are a few of us who are really having chest pains concerning this stuff and I do not want wish this on anyone else. 2008 shouw be a season to make the east coast turn their heads.

Carl

Any return of RCR to the field under the current management (Tracy Freeman) will not include at least the entire horn line and most if not all of the battery. I cannot speak for the front ensemble and guard, but I know of a few that will never return under Tracy and that is probably true for the majority of those sections.

I do not see this as being about scavenging or ruthlessly recruiting for the Renegades. I see this as the Renegades letting us know that we are welcome if we choose to march there. I for one plan to fully support the Renegades even though I will not be marching this season.

I can only speak for myself, but as a guard member of RCR for the past two seasons, I have to say that I just want to march and spin a flag, and hate saber work for another summer. I will be at the open house on saturday for the Renegades... but it may be a pipe dream this season due to school. I do really miss my RCR buddies though! :(

I do find the posts from some individuals on here rather odd... attacking Renegades for "recruiting" people that do not have a corps to march in... that is just plain stupidity.

I marched in the battery the last 2 seasons at RCR got to know a few new people and became friends with them... the ONLY contact I had about marching Renegades was an email from another RCR person who did a couple seasons with Renegades before RCR and wanted to see if anybody was interested... a handful of us were tossing around the idea of marching Renegades next season before RCR even folded (for obvious reasons). Sooo now that the open house is almost here, and it seems like more of us are getting on board (from the percussion section) it makes it even easier to want to travel 125 miles one way just so we can drum together again but in a much bigger line and just enjoy drumming together again. No body has EVER talked to me from the Renegades about marching there... not even when I was still marching in RCR.

We are not helpless children and do not need people to come to our defense against the EVILness of the Renegades.

We do not need to push to get RCR back together again... I am cool with never marching in a corps with only 12-15 horns and struggling to put together a battery that shows up to every rehearsal ever again. I had a good time (for the most part) when I was marching in RCR and I look forward to seeing what Renegades has to offer... as far as I know... nobody from RCR's percussion section is a definate YES but there is a good sized group of us coming to check out the open house on our own accord and with out members or staff from Renegades holding a gun to our head.

I do find the posts from some individuals on here rather odd... attacking Renegades for "recruiting" people that do not have a corps to march in... that is just plain stupidity.

I marched in the battery the last 2 seasons at RCR got to know a few new people and became friends with them... the ONLY contact I had about marching Renegades was an email from another RCR person who did a couple seasons with Renegades before RCR and wanted to see if anybody was interested... a handful of us were tossing around the idea of marching Renegades next season before RCR even folded (for obvious reasons). Sooo now that the open house is almost here, and it seems like more of us are getting on board (from the percussion section) it makes it even easier to want to travel 125 miles one way just so we can drum together again but in a much bigger line and just enjoy drumming together again. No body has EVER talked to me from the Renegades about marching there... not even when I was still marching in RCR.

We are not helpless children and do not need people to come to our defense against the EVILness of the Renegades.

We do not need to push to get RCR back together again... I am cool with never marching in a corps with only 12-15 horns and struggling to put together a battery that shows up to every rehearsal ever again. I had a good time (for the most part) when I was marching in RCR and I look forward to seeing what Renegades has to offer... as far as I know... nobody from RCR's percussion section is a definate YES but there is a good sized group of us coming to check out the open house on our own accord and with out members or staff from Renegades holding a gun to our head.

That's cool, we look forward to seeing you guys.

BTW, I'm sure that you know one of our new drum staff members. His name is Dan. B)

yeah!!! he told me on Monday but I did not want to mention anything because I was not sure if it was "officially announced"... it sounds like a lot of fun!

yeah!!! he told me on Monday but I did not want to mention anything because I was not sure if it was "officially announced"... it sounds like a lot of fun!

It's time to join forces and field a monster drum line, the likes of which has never been seen in the West Coast senior corps.

It's time to join forces and field a monster drum line, the likes of which has never been seen in the West Coast senior corps.

I am ready to be a part of one of the best and biggest lines I have ever marched in my life.

I am ready to be a part of one of the best and biggest lines I have ever marched in my life.

If all goes according to plan, this should be a very fun year to be a drummer in the Renegades.