I cringe everytime I....

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like saying BD copied itself because they played Pegasus 5 years apart!!

wait.....the blue devils played pegasus??? :blink:

^0^

I cringe everytime I hear bd 07 and hear almost the exact 2000 show...
perhaps hes referring to the two bars in 2000 that sound like the end of the opener in 07.

yeah, i always kind of thought that was intentional... the whole self-referencing thing that was inherent to the show title... they also did the monkey-sticking thing as a sort of tribute, and then there's obviously the whole pegasus thing. wasn't the monkey-arm thing during a part that slightly resembled either part of 94 or 95? maybe i'm just crazy.

Sidenote:

Three times has BD played Pegasus.... 1980, 1982 (two years apart) and 2007 (25 years apart)...

*cough*

I'm not knocking BD... Im just saying that I just recently listened to 2000 and had to double check to see if it was 2000 I was listening to or 2007.... a lot of the opener sounds copy and pasted, as well as the ballad.... I understand corps do the same song from time to time, it's just what I heard, and I posted

I'm not knocking BD... Im just saying that I just recently listened to 2000 and had to double check to see if it was 2000 I was listening to or 2007.... a lot of the opener sounds copy and pasted, as well as the ballad.... I understand corps do the same song from time to time, it's just what I heard, and I posted

I did think that was the intent of this show, which was to pay tribute/homage to their past. Musically, about 2/3 of the show was really good. I enjoyed the snippets of BD past.

I did think that was the intent of this show, which was to pay tribute/homage to their past. Musically, about 2/3 of the show was really good. I enjoyed the snippets of BD past.

What? 2/3 was good? Did you even watch the show? 100% was good. Good enough to win. No other show was as good this year.

What? 2/3 was good? Did you even watch the show? 100% was good. Good enough to win. No other show was as good this year.

I saw the show live 3 times and a few others online.

Sadly, and quite honestly, I caught myself actually drifting off in thought during the last 1/3 or more of the show. I am not trying to be mean here. . .just honest.

But, trying to be complimentary, the first 2/3 or so of the show were really nice, musically speaking.

You're not the only one - I was thoroughly bored by the last part of the show. And yes, I watched the whole thing.

That says nothing about what they were doing and how they were executing it, but rather, the effect just wasn't affecting me as favorably as other corps. I was more entertained by the Cadets, Phantom, Crown, and Bluecoats. IMHO of course, which, the last time I checked, I was still allowed to have.