SCV staff changes?

I feel one of the main problem's with SCV post-1999 is that they can't seem to keep their staff members.

Director changes, caption head replacements, new arrangers... (Koester, Jeff V, Adam Sage, Gusseck, Casella, Gusseck, Rosander, et. al.)

Even though they'd be able to replace them with quality instructors, I can't help to feel that once SCV starts to get things rolling with the new staff in place, they fire someone else or someone else leaves!

And now it's happening again with the former-new brass head Nick Williams and (rumor has it) battery head Mike Jackson! This is occurring after, what I think, a great competitive season.... doesn't make much sense to me.

What's going on? I hope SCV knows what they are doing, I would hate to see them go through another "restructuring year"....

Edited by just_another_fanatic

I think they'll be just fine. The folks who are joining the staff are names you have heard before, and, in at least one case, a name that SCV fans will be very happy to hear.

Sorry to be cryptic, but I would rather let the corps make their own announcement.

I feel one of the main problem's with SCV post-1999 is that they can't seem to keep their staff members.

Director changes, caption head replacements, new arrangers... (Koester, Jeff V, Adam Sage, Gusseck, Casella, Gusseck, Rosander, et. al.)

Even though they'd be able to replace them with quality instructors, I can't help to feel that once SCV starts to get things rolling with the new staff in place, they fire someone else or someone else leaves!

And now it's happening again with the former-new brass head Nick Williams and (rumor has it) battery head Mike Jackson! This is occurring after, what I think, a great competitive season.... doesn't make much sense to me.

What's going on? I hope SCV knows what they are doing, I would hate to see them go through another "restructuring year"....

I have no idea what the actual reasons are for the staff changes, but there are many reasons why employers hire/fire their employees, and many reasons why employees chose to stay/leave, and many reasons do not have to do with quality of work. Just a small example: suppose you have a salesperson who is the top producer in a company, but he/she constantly undermines the authority of the leadership in that company. Should they continue to employ that salesperson because he/she sells the most, at the risk of internal collapse?

Again, I have absolutely no idea what the actual situation is there...just pointing out that while a staffer may be talented and produce good results, they could also potentially clash internally with other staff, etc.

Edited by cwallace600

SCV is one of those corps that has changes, but typically does good things when those changes happen.

Look at the corps right around the time Gail Royer, God Bless his soul, retire, and then passed away. The corps stayed strong and moved on. In 2005 they were placed low-even though I still believe it was a great show and corps that year, made changes, and the corps was strong in 2006.

I would not worry about them.

As far as why people leave, whether they are fired, asked to leave, whatever, it happens. I'll be if we went through every corps, took all their staff members from the corps inception through now, I am willing to be that more people that teach/have taught corps have less years in that capacity than those that have 20+ years.

I think they'll be just fine. The folks who are joining the staff are names you have heard before, and, in at least one case, a name that SCV fans will be very happy to hear.

Sorry to be cryptic, but I would rather let the corps make their own announcement.

Gino Cipriani???? b**bs I wish...

When did Michael Gaines work with SCV?

i'm pretty sure he hasnt

When did Michael Gaines work with SCV?

He has not....Gaines is obvioulsy the best, but Pete Weber is right behind him IMO