New visual designer at BAC

Myron Rosander has a liver disease which could possibly be terminal, ...(snip)

... he definitely didn't write drill for anyone in 2007.

I heard this a few months ago. Very sad news indeed. :(

I wish Myron peace, comfort and happiness and I will always be thankful for the times when I crossed paths with him. Words can't really express how much I appreciate his contribution to my life.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myron Rosander has a liver disease which could possibly be terminal, he's been in the hospital for at least a year now. I'm really surprised SCV or no one else has released some kind of press release. But no, he definitely didn't write drill for anyone in 2007.

There was an announcement to SCV alumni regarding this about a month ago. Myron is doing everything possible to stay healthy and alive for as long as possible. He wants to get involved in drum corps again, but not until his health is better.

Myron is, all at once, the most amazing and the scariest man I've ever known in drum corps. His passion and fire are unrivaled. Just don't #### that guy off....... scaaaaaary.

I have my ideas.. :sshh:

Lets just say that MS can be...demanding..i'll leave it at that.

Yeah, but it's not like that's news to anybody. He's demanding - but writes like no one else. I'm surprised he only lasted a year. Definately the best guard they've had -ever (IMO).

Later,

Mike

Howard Weinstein played a very large role in creating the team that has been with Boston throughout the last 10 years. Without him leading the organization in 2008, we can expect many of the key names to change.

Howard brought a lot of talent to BAC - I am hopeful that the new design & instructional staff can continue the excellence that he has started!

Wow...the wind in my drill design sails sure have been taken away. It's not like I'm great friends with Myron but he and I have exchanged emails over the years and I can't say enough about his talent. I'm very very saddened by the news in this thread, and yes, he ABSOLUTELY deserves his privacy. But in this activity, where we all think of ourselves as brothers, and let's face it, we treat some in this activity like celebrities, it really would have been nice to know so we could send him notes of encouragement or flowers or whatever. Ugh...this just hits me right in the gut. I've said for the longest time there were two drill designers whose drill "spoke to me" more than anyone else's, and that was John Brazelle, and of course, Myron's.

Well...if Myron is reading this by chance or if anyone can get word to him, I think it would be safe to say that there are a TON of people that are pulling for him. I sure hope whatever is ailment is can be cured and that we can see him put his INCREDIBLE talent back to work.

Keep going Myron!!

Yeah, but it's not like that's news to anybody. He's demanding - but writes like no one else. I'm surprised he only lasted a year. Definately the best guard they've had -ever (IMO).

Later,

Mike

True..I would argue that his weapon books are a little too ambitious for outside (where the elements play a role..)

MS's guards had spectacular work, but were not as clean as other guards as a result.

Michael Shapiro left already?? I thought for sure he'd stay a lot longer.BAC's color guard was the best they've had in ages!.. Anyone know why he left??

WOAH!! that is EXTREMELY UNFORTUNATE for Boston. What a BAD move on BAC's part if this was a "cleaning house" move.