Spirit Reorganization

tpt43

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a curious way of doing things...I understand why they are doing it, and I wish Bodiford the best of luck on his degree.

It seems like this will be a great thing for the corps, as the positions are more specialized, but I am just a little curious what will happen if there is ever a discrepancy between the two directors. Should be very interesting to see how this goes...either way, I like to see new ways corps can be run. Best of luck Spirit!

I'm just happy that this announcement has been made because the rumors have been flying around Jacksonville the past few weeks. From the get go, these moves seem best for the corps and the university.

Seems like they handled it pretty well, I think.

Mike

I agree. :)

Seems like they handled it pretty well, I think.

Mike

I like it too. It would seem to me that if a director isn't going to be full-time, or most-time (I may have just coined that), then parsing out the duties over a couple part-time directors is a great idea.

The new director did a lot of really great things for us over the season. Mr. Nelson was one of those really fun guys that everybody likes and pushes people to work hard. I liked working for him a lot.

-Weedy

I may be wrong, but I think Randy Nelson has been involved with the corps, at least at times, for many years.

You are right, Randy has been involved with Spirit off-and-on for at least 15 years or longer. He's played a big role in the show design and development in recent years, and will obviously now play an even bigger role.

A JSU alum, Randy has been president of the board of directors of WGI since 2000, and was this year elected to the WGI Hall of Fame.