DCI 2007, 1st-4th

I was also there Taq - I was right down in front in the middle of everyone for finals night (splitting 45-50, row 20). The crowd was extremely unresponsive to the Cadets. To say otherwise is just not true.

What does an unresponsive, heavily West coast flavored audience have to do with placement?

Or were you going for something else?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does an unresponsive, heavily West coast flavored audience have to do with placement?

Or were you going for something else?

I made no mention of reason, nor demographics in my post. I simply mentioned that crowd was quiet, since he had contended that they were not.

I made no mention of reason, nor demographics in my post. I simply mentioned that crowd was quiet, since he had contended that they were not.

Gotcha, and I think it is not surprising they were quiet. Just two nights prior many of them had booed and name-called during the performance. . .plus, many of them wanted their Devils to win.

Edited by TXMystreaux

I based mine on enjoyment factors:

Crown

Phantom

Bluedevils

Bluecoats

SCV

Cavies

Cadets

Cavies disappointed me, Cadets lost me with the narration.

I think the spirit of Disney Award should be the criteria for a champion. Focusing more on that would make for a more enjoyable show by all.

We'd get a fan friendly show and the points would stay the same.

DCI has no problem awarding the spirit of Disney award so it shouldn't be a problem putting the two together for the corps.

Edited by Phantombari1

disagreed. spirit of disney being part of judging criteria would be a complete mess.

Gotcha, and I think it is not surprising they were quiet. Just two nights prior many of them had booed and name-called during the performance. . .plus, many of them wanted their Devils to win.

If George pulled the corps off the field in Boston in 2005 the crowd would have acted the same way.

I based mine on enjoyment factors:

Crown

Phantom

Bluedevils

Bluecoats

SCV

Cavies

Cadets

Cavies disappointed me, Cadets lost me with the narration.

I think the spirit of Disney Award should be the criteria for a champion. Focusing more on that would make for a more enjoyable show by all.

We'd get a fan friendly show and the points would stay the same.

DCI has no problem awarding the spirit of Disney award so it shouldn't be a problem putting the two together for the corps.

No thanks

If George pulled the corps off the field in Boston in 2005 the crowd would have acted the same way.

I wish he had. That field was terrible, and even with a 2 point penalty we would have still been in 2nd place :P

BoxingFred, I hope you were'nt mad at me for making me those eggs finals week, they hit the spot,lol. Thanks for everything !

Anytime! Your one of my favorite people.