Ron Hardin New Vis Caption Head at Bluecoats

I think he was with them from 2002-2006. I'm not sure, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think he was there in 2001 too?? I could be wrong. I hope this is a good move the Bluecoats. I've said many times on here, I thought their design was the issue. I know that the guard has a large part in these numbers, but vis performance and vis ensemble are probably effected the most by the caption head. I was just curious so here's SCV's numbers and caption ranking when I think Ron was there if anyone cares.

Vis Perf

19.1 4th

Vis Ens

19.1 4th

Vis Perf

18.5 7th

Vis Ens

18.0 9th

Vis Perf

19.5 3rd

Vis Ens

19.4 3rd

Vis Perf

19.2 4th

Vis Ens

18.5 4th

Vis Perf

19.3 3rd

Vis Ens

18.9 4th

Vis Perf

18.6 5th

Vis Ens

19.3 4th

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm hoping this was the right move. i thought they moved well and that design (mostly drill) was their achilles heel.

To be honest, I'm pretty bothered. If we canned Steph because we didn't win, I'll be very upset. You can't expect one person to fix a visual program you've changed every year in a season. And she's the one they always call back when we hire a new guy and he mucks it up. I think they should've given Stephanie a longer run before saying, "Sorry, you didn't make us win, so we're going to hire someone else." I honestly think we just need more intelligent drill. But, I've also heard that many people enjoyed our drill a lot?

My other argument is: How long were Dave and George around before people recognized our hornline and the success it has achieved? Think of how many brass caption heads we've had in the past 7 years, and compare it to the number of vis caption heads.

To be honest, I'm pretty bothered. If we canned Steph because we didn't win, I'll be very upset. You can't expect one person to fix a visual program you've changed every year in a season. And she's the one they always call back when we hire a new guy and he mucks it up. I think they should've given Stephanie a longer run before saying, "Sorry, you didn't make us win, so we're going to hire someone else." I honestly think we just need more intelligent drill. But, I've also heard that many people enjoyed our drill a lot?

My other argument is: How long were Dave and George around before people recognized our hornline and the success it has achieved? Think of how many brass caption heads we've had in the past 7 years, and compare it to the number of vis caption heads.

No one gets "canned" by the Bluecoats -- everyone is hired to one-year deals. If they're not re-hired, they're not necessarily "fired."

Steph had been with the Bluecoats in various capacities for several years, as far back as the late 1990s, I think. As for the number of visual caption heads they've had, well, that's not always b/c they tried to fix it with someone new. Those people just didn't always choose to come back.

If we'd only kept Sly from the early 1990s ...

Did Ron Hardin work with Rick Subel at SCV??

While Hardin is coming from Blue Stars and Subel from Phantom, they both have several years with SCV in the background.

Maybe they worked together before and wanted to again??

Edited by BlueR36