stop arguing....

and for those of you that already have the cd's, listen to the 8-12 corps, and appreciate how much better the top 12 is than they've ever been. that goes for the top 17 too, most definitely, but theyre inexcusably not on the cd's this year. i ordered the 13-20whatever (24?) dvd but it really sucks that dci wasnt offering audio recordings (which would usually come with the top 12 anyway). i cant talk about them because i cant listen to them, but ive heard them all at various times after the summer and they all really have many things be proud of, to put it simply.

regardless, this thread isnt about me complaining about that either.

the colts made finals this year for the first time since 2001, and came in 10th. not 12th or anything, but 10th. it was probably the best corps they've ever fielded. easily their strongest hornline.

the glassmen fielded their best corps since 2002, arguably. their hornline has come ridiculously far since the 2005 season, and their drumlines are always solid.

spirit probably had their best hornline in recent years too. the moments at 0:55 in, and from 8:06 to 8:34 (especially starting around 8:17....amazing) are performed incredibly well. possibly my favorite spirit show, though i still really like '01 and '03 a lot.

boston also had their strongest corps in years, since '03 (some would say '04 but i dont think so) really, and possibly the best hornline in the corps history. their drumline was an improvement over the already shockingly impressive '06 line, and ive really loved their percussion writing, especially battery, for the last two years. end of the opener most definitely puts it ahead of the '03 version, unquestionably.

id probably also say this was the strongest bk ever....most definitely the cleanest they've ever looked in the legs. every section was incredible....i wrote down my opinion of the top 7's scores in the 1-4 thread, but didnt get around to mentioning bk or anyone else. id have them (with everyone else being the same distances apart from each other) around a 93 or so, really. 92 at least. but this thread still isnt about that, haha.

seriously, so many people spend their time on here complaining about how progressive some of the top corps are, that they dont notice all the great corps everywhere else that are performing solid, "classic," equally as conversation-worthy shows. if youre that upset about how some corps are choosing to define/align themselves, then spend your time appreciating some of the other ones that are giving you what you want instead of #####ing about ones that dont appeal to you. dont freak out because some corps are going in a different direction than your favorite shows, dont whine about the state of drum corps....if you care that much about the activity, go buy a colts shirt or a crossmen shirt or a blue stars hat or something, and support the many drum corps that are apparently presenting you what you love about dci.

just thoughts of the moment. enjoy turning this into a bd conspiracy thread or something, haha.

edit - ...presenting what you love about dci, except for you, dcp g hornline purists.

Edited by Jared_mello

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the greatest things about drum corps is that you can find just about anything you're looking for in some aspect of it....from the showmanship of the Empire Statesmen to the classical styling of Phantom Regiment, and all points in between.

Also, to stay in the spirit of the thread even more... some corps from Madison, Wisconsin had a show I liked a lot this year. Can't wait for 08... :blink:

and for those of you that already have the cd's, listen to the 8-12 corps, and appreciate how much better the top 12 is than they've ever been. that goes for the top 17 too, most definitely, but theyre inexcusably not on the cd's this year. i ordered the 13-20whatever (24?) dvd but it really sucks that dci wasnt offering audio recordings (which would usually come with the top 12 anyway). i cant talk about them because i cant listen to them, but ive heard them all at various times after the summer and they all really have many things be proud of, to put it simply.

the colts made finals this year for the first time since 2001, and came in 10th. not 12th or anything, but 10th. it was probably the best corps they've ever fielded. easily their strongest hornline.

the glassmen fielded their best corps since 2002, arguably. their hornline has come ridiculously far since the 2005 season, and their drumlines are always solid.

spirit probably had their best hornline in recent years too. the moments at 0:55 in, and from 8:06 to 8:34 (especially starting around 8:17....amazing) are performed incredibly well. possibly my favorite spirit show, though i still really like '01 and '03 a lot.

boston also had their strongest corps in years, since '03 (some would say '04 but i dont think so) really, and possibly the best hornline in the corps history. their drumline was an improvement over the already shockingly impressive '06 line, and ive really loved their percussion writing, especially battery, for the last two years. end of the opener most definitely puts it ahead of the '03 version, unquestionably.

id probably also say this was the strongest bk ever....most definitely the cleanest they've ever looked in the legs. every section was incredible....i wrote down my opinion of the top 7's scores in the 1-4 thread, but didnt get around to mentioning bk or anyone else. id have them (with everyone else being the same distances apart from each other) around a 93 or so, really. 92 at least. but this thread still isnt about that, haha.

seriously, so many people spend their time on here complaining about how progressive some of the top corps are, that they dont notice all the great corps everywhere else that are performing solid, "classic," equally as conversation-worthy shows. if youre that upset about how some corps are choosing to define/align themselves, then spend your time appreciating some of the other ones that are giving you what you want instead of #####ing about ones that dont appeal to you. dont freak out because some corps are going in a different direction than your favorite shows, dont whine about the state of drum corps....if you care that much about the activity, go buy a colts shirt or a crossmen shirt or a blue stars hat or something, and support the many drum corps that are apparently presenting you what you love about dci.

just thoughts of the moment. enjoy turning this into a bd conspiracy thread or something, haha.

edit - ...presenting what you love about dci, except for you, dcp g hornline purists.

EXCELLENT POST.

boomshakalaka - great post

just got some random finals recordings - the end of spirit's intro is mind-blowing. incredible stuff.

and yeah, they got 4th, but phantom's opener is phenomenal, not to mention the life-altering ballad release.

hell yeah, drum corps.

Edited by siLk

Agreed. I rarely get upset because someone says they thought Regiment should have placed lower than X or Y corps, or they thought they were boring, too loud, too soft, not as good and so and so forth on ("and such as"). Whatever. People are going to think what they're going to think, no matter what. About the only time I'll jump into an argument is if I think someone is blatantly slandering/bashing the corps. Otherwise, people can favor whatever corps they want, for pretty much whatever reason they want. (Excepting the above caveat) I don't really care. I've got my favorites, for my own reasons, too.

There have been many years where I've played a bottom six corps more than any of the top ones combined. In fact, my favortes are rarely clustered at the top. Scoring and competition can be entertaining, to a point, but after a while, the petty bickering it engenders just sucks the fun right out of this.

Edited by year1buick

hahaha, ####, i wake up and this is in the middle of page two, i see how it is. :blink:

Probably because people want to complain, or else their heads/egos would explode.

I applaud you.

Even if my spelling is off in this post.

your spelling was fine...?