## The 2008 Kilties ##

WWBD

Looking at the Racine forecast, looks like rain and snow this weekend. The Gilmore field is still too wet even without the additonal precip.

Good luck in two weeks.

Little mud never hurt anybody

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said that once.We were doing drill and I slipped in the mud and suffered a high ankle sprain. Hurt the rest of the year.

Bummer!

A few years ago I slipped on a dry field and pulled my back out. Hurt the rest of the year, too, so I know where your coming from dude.

I said that once.We were doing drill and I slipped in the mud and suffered a high ankle sprain. Hurt the rest of the year.

Yeah that can always be a problem. Even in July. I forgot where we were but there were random patches of marsh all over the practice area. I got caught in one of those and almost wound up on my rump. Luckily I was able to gain my balance and I just ended up with a very wet shoe.

Sprinkler heads can be pesky little buggers too.

I'm sure the powers that be have an alternate site arranged, ie Park HS field house as in years past. But I am not in the know I just work here :smile:

Edited by KiltieBD3

• 2 weeks later...

The Kilties will be heading to outside rehearsals on April 26th and 27th.

The April 26th and 27th camp will include the full corps learning the visual aspect for the first half of the corps' 2008 show. Some elements of the visuals have already been taught as a part of the winter camps.

The camp will be held at Gilmore Middle School in Racine.

The Kilties are accepting applications for membership for the two remaining brass positions and the two remaining color guard positions.

For general information, application for membership, purchase tickets for The Kilties home show (The Kiltie Klassic), reviews, recent news, history, etc., visit

HERE.

Plans are for the full corps to learn the first half of the visual aspect of the 2008 show this coming weekend.

All members already have their drill charts, plus access to computer program generated visual aids.

Rehearsals are planned for the fields of Gilmore Middle School, in Racine.

Visit

HERE for details!!

The Kilties completed another highly productive camp this past weekend.

The corps next full corps rehearsal will be held on May 24th and 25th at Gilmore Middle School in Racine.

The Kilties will make their first full uniformed public appearance of 2008 on Monday morning, May 26th in the annual Racine Memorial Day parade.

Presently two brass openings and one color guard opening may still be available for those interested in applying for membership and going through evaluation for the 2008 corps.

Information on applying for membership, schedules, history, the "Kiltie Klassic" drum corps show, and other information may be found at the corps' website located

HERE.