## The 2008 Kilties ##

WWBD

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The percussion parts have just been emailed. All charts are now in the hands of all Kilties. Even the guard has .mp3s of the entire show. YAY!"

Xlent and exciting news JC!!

Sounds like the "Renaissance" is well underway in Racine. :wall:

Kudos out to Scott S. / Staff... Have a fun and productive Kiltie Kamp weekend.

WWBD

Although I am a bit sad the Kilties are having camp the same weekend at the Renegades will be at the CNY Parade, it sounds like you all are off to a great start for an incredible season!

Can't wait to see you all!

Have an awesome time!

:wall:

Bob Cormack, former Kiltie bass drummer and drum major in the 1950s, and the Illinois Regent for Clan Buchanan Society, Intl, recently sent us this great letter.

Dear (Kiltie) Clan Buchanan Members:

Sounds great doesn't it?

I have been officially advised by Clan President, Buck Buchanan, and have seen it posted in the Buchanan Banner quarterly magazine that "Our official drum and bugle corps, The Kilties are now also Associate Members of the Clan Buchanan Society, Inc."

Welcome Kilties!

You will now not only be known as the Official Music Organization of the Clan ( The only clan to have a drum and bugle corps ) but can announce that the membership is actually members of the Clan.

At this time I believe I have completed most of my Kiltie Mission which began 60 years ago when I joined the Kilties as a bass drummer at the request of my best friend, Bob Teska and his Dad Joe Teska (Kiltie Business Mgr. at the time. I have been blessed with the honor of working with Emil Pavlik who arranged the modern Jazz chording of highly advanced music in Drum Corps at the time. As Drum Major in the early 50's I was lucky to have participated in the development of the first Winning Kiltie competition Corps, and to have competed at American Legion and VFW National Competitions. The rise of the Corps to a Winning status set the scene for the next generations of Kiltie winning successes. I also was honored to have marched in the Color Guard that won our first National Championship under the direction of Color Guard Sgt. Jack Eschmann at the American Legion Nationals in 1954.

The Mission continued when in about 1995 the reorganized Senior Kiltie Corps. agreed to wear the Clan Buchanan Tartan Kilts which were provided by my company Personnel Systems Corp. and Scot Forge, both Illinois companies.

The next step in the Mission was gaining approval of Clan Buchanan Society, Intl., to recognize The Kilties as the Official Music Unit of the Clan. This was approved under the leadership of George "Buck" Buchanan who officially presented the Clan Black Lion Rampant Colors to the Corps at their Show at the UofW Whitewater.

It took about 10 or more years to accomplish the next step in the Mission which was to have the Kilties to perform at the St. Andrews Highland Games in Oak Brook, IL, which was completed in June of 2007.

The Kilties were a rousing hit and of course the Games have always been used to pipe bands only. Needless to say the Kiltie sound and performance was a winner and appears further invites are in order.

The next to last Mission step was obtaining approval of the Clan Board of Directors and Membership to bestow associate membership status to the Kiltie members to provide them with even more Clan recognition.

The final mission is accomplished!!

We Winna Be Daunted.....

Aye yours,

Robert W. Cormack

Illinois Regent

Clan Buchanan Society, Intl,

It's good to be us!

J.C.

Associate Member of the Clan Buchanan Society International

Edited by J.C.

Less then 24 hours til I get to throw down some beats with my Kiltie Brethren!!!

Yeah Boy!!! (Done in a terrible Flavor Flav impression)

• 3 weeks later...

February 23-24

FULL CORPS CAMP!!

For information on applying for membership in The Kilties, a review of the January camp, online ticket purchases for the "Kiltie Klassic" drum and bugle corps show, sign up for the corps' free monthly online newsletter "Syne", and all other information and recent news about the corps in general visit

HERE!

February 23-24

FULL CORPS CAMP!!

For information on applying for membership in The Kilties, a review of the January camp, online ticket purchases for the "Kiltie Klassic" drum and bugle corps show, sign up for the corps' free monthly online newsletter "Syne", and all other information and recent news about the corps in general visit

HERE!

Complete schedule with rehearsals and performances, as of today's date, may be found

HERE!!

February 23-24

FULL CORPS CAMP!!

HERE!

February 23-24

FULL CORPS CAMP!!

HERE!

The Kilties would like to add one additional tenor player to bring the section to a total of four performers. Apply for membership at the corps website located

HERE. There is a evaluation process.