Open Class auditions...anyone for surf or the raiders?

its a tough choice, thats all I can say

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Great chat. Thanks for all the kind words about the Raiders. Both corps have been consistant within their divisions. Grand Finals have been a great tool to move the old 2/3 division forward into the new open class we have now. We are all just trying to grow our programs on and off the field. In my head both corps have been extremely successful in both areas of our organizations.

I can't wait for 2008!

:beer:

It's one division now...as it should be.

:doh::doh::doh:

And thank the lord for that one indeed!! The competition factor for Open Class has raised a staggering amount.

I cant wait for 2008, I get to be in it! :P

:doh::doh::doh:

And thank the lord for that one indeed!! The competition factor for Open Class has raised a staggering amount.

I cant wait for 2008, I get to be in it! :P

Awsome! :) I assume "Teal Sound"? Very cool! Great corps!

And see people...here is a drum corps KID who has a certain level of excitement for his Open Class corps because of the new label for the division. PROVING....that the new system is ALREADY working! Less kids blowing this side of the activity off and insted becoming excited about auditioning for an Open Class corps is a good sign. :)

Edited by dsb2007

Awsome! :) I assume "Teal Sound"? Very cool! Great corps!

And see people...here is a drum corps KID who has a certain level of excitement for his Open Class corps because of the new label for the division. PROVING....that the new system is ALREADY working! Less kids blowing this side of the activity off and insted becoming excited about auditioning for an Open Class corps is a good sign. :)

What does this prove?

One person is excited about Open Class.

I see no more competition now that there was in 1995. In fact, I'd wager SCVC, BDB, Spartans, Patriots, Mandarin, Tarheel Sun, etc., were every bit as competitive, if not more, than Spartans, Surf, Teal Sound, Revolution, etc. No offense to these corps, just someone who has seen plenty of Div. II/III since 1995.

And the level of competition may just diminish if both Surf and Spartans go to world class next year. When corps move out of Open to World without new corps replacing them, the competition level goes down, not up.

What does this prove?

One person is excited about Open Class.

I see no more competition now that there was in 1995. In fact, I'd wager SCVC, BDB, Spartans, Patriots, Mandarin, Tarheel Sun, etc., were every bit as competitive, if not more, than Spartans, Surf, Teal Sound, Revolution, etc. No offense to these corps, just someone who has seen plenty of Div. II/III since 1995.

And the level of competition may just diminish if both Surf and Spartans go to world class next year. When corps move out of Open to World without new corps replacing them, the competition level goes down, not up.

Way to take what was intended to be something positive and spit on it, Tom! What is with you? It seems like any time I or anyone on this board say something positive about the change of events in Open Class, you have to follow it up with something negative that implies the whole thing is going to fail. Are you WANTING it to fail or something? Are you bitter about something? Are you just jealous of the current Open Class model because deep down you are afraid it MIGHT be better than what you were involved in once? I don't get it! Everything off your keypad is nothing but "no, this won't work"...."naahhh, it's going to fail". The funny thing is, you were proved wrong just days ago when this thing passed because you admited to being "skeptical" that the idea would be bought into and pass. Why don't you try having SOME faith in the system and in the current directors who are implementing these new ideas that JUST MAYBE...it MIGHT work!

And no, I disagree. The current top corps in Open Class BLOW what was in Division II/III in the mod 90s by a LONNNNG shot! Those corps didn't even have more than 30 horns on the field. Today you have corps with between 50-70 horns who m ake a push for World Class finals when they move on. Don't tell me it's no different than 1995. That's delusional!

Edited by dsb2007

Way to take what was intended to be something positive and spit on it, Tom! What is with you? It seems like any time I or anyone on this board say something positive about the change of events in Open Class, you have to follow it up with something negative that implies the whole thing is going to fail. Are you WANTING it to fail or something? Are you bitter about something? Are you just jealous of the current Open Class model because deep down you are afraid it MIGHT be better than what you were involved in once? I don't get it! Everything off your keypad is nothing but "no, this won't work"...."naahhh, it's going to fail". The funny thing is, you were proved wrong just days ago when this thing passed because you admited to being "skeptical" that the idea would be bought into and pass. Why don't you try having SOME faith in the system and in the current directors who are implementing these new ideas that JUST MAYBE...it MIGHT work!

Don't pick on the poor guy.

He makes more than just about all of us. He's told us so.

He's got a lot more experience than just about all of us. He's told us so.

Funny thing is that you just can't seem to find him CURRENTLY listed with any ACTIVE drum corps that is still in business.

Here at Disgruntled Complainers Planet, we're just not happy unless we're unhappy.