1963 "Class Reunion"

With Pepe as Ken Burns???? What a narration THAT would be.

I'll never forget sitting around the pool in Miami at the Sahara Motel one night after '63 AL finals (yes Andy, THAT finals) and here come Pepe, Lefty and a bunch of other Skyliners. Pepe's chanting "4th place corps; 4th place corps" that ###### me off for several years. Didn't really know Pepe then, but over the years got to understand his ways and THAT was his way of telling us the scores were bogus......he watched the show and Sky figured we won it handily.

J

"Drum Corps":

'A Ken Burns Picture'

Andy "He's Got the Stories" Lisko, Moe "Mathew Brady" Knox, and the Fleetwoon-Stetson Richmond music libraries. All you need to do, my preties, is hit "Edit". :rolleyes:

Elphaba

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW 1963 - I was in a small Jr. corp from Rochester, The Emerald Cadets. That was the year we won our small circuit Championships (NY-Penn, or Penn-York). That was also when I got to see St. Roccos come to Rochester for the State Championships with their new uniforms. Wow, what a corps to see....big article in the Roch. paper about the Legion Championships with lots of pictures of St. Rocco's. I was awe-struck!!

St. Joe's of Batavia won their first of MANY NYState championships that year too.

Many great memories of such a wonderful year for a 14 yr. old.....I'll never forget!!

With Pepe as Ken Burns???? What a narration THAT would be.

I'll never forget sitting around the pool in Miami at the Sahara Motel one night after '63 AL finals (yes Andy, THAT finals) and here come Pepe, Lefty and a bunch of other Skyliners. Pepe's chanting "4th place corps; 4th place corps" that ###### me off for several years. Didn't really know Pepe then, but over the years got to understand his ways and THAT was his way of telling us the scores were bogus......he watched the show and Sky figured we won it handily.

J

Pepe's sense of timimg was impeccable! ... At a show in 79 when he was with the Hurcs, we (Sky) lost to Sun by 0.2 the week before the DCA ... Pepe comes out of the Judges Meeting, sees that we're a tad discontent, and starts looking on the ground like he lost a contact lens ... imagine his graveley voice start boomimg out "Two tenths ... two tenths ... anybody seen the two tenths I lost?" ... LOL ...

Funnier story about Pepe in 63 ... he was undefeated on soprano that year at I&E shows and was wearing a big star around his neck all weekend ... after Riggie Laus beat him, he still wore the star but, one of the points was broken off! ... ya hadda luv it!

Andy "rememberin' Pepe" Lisko

Pepe's sense of timimg was impeccable! ... At a show in 79 when he was with the Hurcs, we (Sky) lost to Sun by 0.2 the week before the DCA ... Pepe comes out of the Judges Meeting, sees that we're a tad discontent, and starts looking on the ground like he lost a contact lens ... imagine his graveley voice start boomimg out "Two tenths ... two tenths ... anybody seen the two tenths I lost?" ... LOL ...

Funnier story about Pepe in 63 ... he was undefeated on soprano that year at I&E shows and was wearing a big star around his neck all weekend ... after Riggie Laus beat him, he still wore the star but, one of the points was broken off! ... ya hadda luv it!

Andy "rememberin' Pepe" Lisko

pepe was so funny........he was such a ball breaker