SCV Percussion

I think he meant it in terms of modern drum lines with sans sling.

Exactly!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really great news, and this is a quality staff. Unfortunately and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but how is this staff going to produce a line that will beat the lines from Aungst/Larrivee, Johnson/Glyde/Wunderlich, the Rennick's, Casella/Ancona, McIntosh/Rarick, and even now Beddis/Markworth? I think SCV is in that gang above, but it's definitely going to be hard to move up. Where do you think they'll place about next year? Just looking to start some conversation.

Really great news, and this is a quality staff. Unfortunately and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but how is this staff going to produce a line that will beat the lines from Aungst/Larrivee, Johnson/Glyde/Wunderlich, the Rennick's, Casella/Ancona, McIntosh/Rarick, and even now Beddis/Markworth? I think SCV is in that gang above, but it's definitely going to be hard to move up. Where do you think they'll place about next year? Just looking to start some conversation.

Gusseck didn't do too bad in 2004.

He also had Casella/Ancona with him in 2004, therefore one of those combos would be missing from the list above.

He also had Casella/Ancona with him in 2004, therefore one of those combos would be missing from the list above.

True. But Casella/Ancona haven't won a drum trophy since they've been without Gusseck, either.

Not that a drum trophy is essential to be recognized as excellent.... just playing devil's advocate. :angry:

and look at what happen in 2005. BUT!!! Things to consider, 2005 had young line and IMO perhaps more talent will go to SCV this time around if they stay with the traditional grip. So I think they will be competitive.

and look at what happen in 2005. BUT!!! Things to consider, 2005 had young line and IMO perhaps more talent will go to SCV this time around if they stay with the traditional grip. So I think they will be competitive.

Agreed. I believe only 3 or 4 people aged out of the battery last year and 1 or 2 from the pit. If they come back, that would be a huge return ratio, not to mention the masses that will audition knowing that Gusseck is back. I bet some vets will even get cut!! Could be interesting come November.