Your favorite moments from 2007 shows.

BD: I loved the very beginning music, into the drum beats in the very opening. Very cool. Also there's a spot where the mellophones play that part right after the main melody in the middle, I really miss the trumpet duet right there, I think that sounded really cool. The perc feature was executed extremely well, but I didn't find the parts to that very interesting. Sure it built up intensity, but not too interesting in my opinion. Their closer was also very energetic. Oh, and wherever a trumpet screamed I liked.

Cadets: Opener, of course, one of the best openers I've heard (that company front was awesome), the ending statement of the opener, and most of the last song they played. Their show, regardless of the narration, is one of my favorites.

Cavaliers: Trumpet solo at the beginning, very well played, the opening hit, the two small arcs in the ballad, where I'm not sure what it's called, but the horns are crescendoing to loud without percussive elements (I love those, especially the echo). The triangle was very cool, whatever part that was called.

SCV: Opening trumpet solo, opening hit, cymbal visual after the opening hit, all of the loud cords. Very memorable to me.

Crown: Ballad. I love that ballad.

Bluecoats: Baritone solo, continuing afterward until the end of the silent drill and the laser visual in the ballad.

Blue Knights: The opening hit, mellophone solo (Not sure where to describe it is), the trumpets building the cord, and the hornline visual in the percussion feature.

Glassmen: Trumpet duet is memorable to me. Very well executed, especially with no cover sound.

Pacific Crest: I haven't heard this trumpet solo after the end too many times, but I loved it. Especially when I heard it back field (when we were waiting to enter the field), it sounded great.

Mandarins: Everything's very memorable to me with this show, but only because I marched with them. I hope I don't sound biased, but I loved the intro, the percussion feature and the closure.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD's show was on fire, (esp. drum feature and stick toss part!); Cadets closing moments were awesome; Bluecoats drum line was clean as...; SCV was so colorful and energetic!; I loved Madison's drill!; Blue Knights had a great entertaining show and sweet hornline! Troopers...aggressive!