Add Allstars to your corps

I don't remember all the names, but I would put the 1983 Sunrisers' snare line up against any snare line, at any level of the drum corps activity, ever.

Of all the great Sunriser drumlines of the late 1970's and early 1980's, that 1983 line stands out, IMO.... especially the snare line, which had no ticks at DCA Finals that season, during the "tick system" era.

Dave China, Larry Visconti and the rest of 'em..... great players. Perhaps Larry can fill us in on the rest of the names from that '83 line!

Fran

yes fran that was probably the greatest line in dca in execution...........you can't argue with perfection.

from 66-72 the hurcs took more ist place trophy's then anyone in that 8 year span. 6 1st place dca trophy's........wow. in his time ray luedee ruled.......god rest his soul. he could ramrod my line anytime. btw i'm not stealing sun's thunder.....i was with cru anyway.

anybody know the names of members in both lines?? let's get them in the allstars.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes fran that was probably the greatest line in dca in execution...........you can't argue with perfection.

from 66-72 the hurcs took more ist place trophy's then anyone in that 8 year span. 6 1st place dca trophy's........wow. in his time ray luedee ruled.......god rest his soul. he could ramrod my line anytime. btw i'm not stealing sun's thunder.....i was with cru anyway.

anybody know the names of members in both lines?? let's get them in the allstars.

Fish66 can answer this more accurately but, the Hurc snares through those years I remember are Ray Luedee, John Bodnar, Bob Morvak, Jimmy Donnelly, Ken Convertito, Tom Gabianelli, Benji Struski, John Moynehan, Vic Kulinski ...

Andy

Okay....take the corps you have a fill in some awesome players from the past

Beth Fabrizio as Drum Major

Donny Allen

Dave Martin

Karl Essler

Frank Ponzo

Curt Hawkins

in the horn line.

ok let's add some horns

dick barge

steve quadinino

jimmie lennon

john defazio

boomer

steve avery

black les

waxer

tom peashey

chuck peashey

jocko

kevin shea

jim highsmith

tyrone

jim barret

let me jog my memory some more

in the drumline

colin campbell

steve gadd

tom falsone

dick nicrow

jim clements

frank nash

bill magrath

bill stork

danny pellagrino

rick buckland

john flowers

rick colletti

don o'conner

frank michaels

1977 bassline

guard

bob ashton

gary richardson

stan & tony on rifles

ok now more drums

guy iannello

dick mecurio

eddie reece

jeff mael

wally filkins

on cymbals

michael pee pee

john zona

and believe it or not

from 75-77 david (baby boy ) bruni

give me some time to think of more

Edited by donincardona

hey don thanks for adding jocko he played the hell out of his horn but don't forget lou volonino and dave kausch ---great mellophone players

hey don thanks for adding jocko he played the hell out of his horn but don't forget lou volonino and dave kausch ---great mellophone players

Lets add the best tympani player EVER....Cameron

good idea.

Waxer an all star?

i was wondering if anyone would catch that........hehehe..............but he was a fun guy............but will scratch him.......it was a joke.

hey deb how you & jocko doing? do you see kevin & shell & ronnie & pam any more? we had a lot of good times