Pioneer goes Bb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the hats go, it is an argument that cannot be won. Those hats are going to be a part of the uniform until further notice.

As far as material goes...we will have to see what transpires. There are some pretty good conceptual ideas being presented next week. There is also some blood on the design and coordination team with experience in putting quality shows together in DCI, DCA, WGI etc.

I would bet that the show will be entertaining and more competitive next summer.

Donny

I didn't expect it to be any other way Donny.

Good luck in putting together the new shows. Looking forward to see Pioneer next summer!

One thing that I have found out is that people, including judgeas, would like to see Pioneer succeed. I appreciate your well wishes. Its good to know that Pioneer has many fans, whether you like Irish music or not. LOL

Donny

The Pioneer insider even said that this has been an issue. Not sure what brand it was issue with.

We had mostly Dynasty horns and the lead sops played on Kanstuls. And the insider happens to be the caption head.

(In his sig, btw)

Just for Donny-

BLOOOOOOOOOOWSSSSSSSMEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!

As far as material goes...we will have to see what transpires. There are some pretty good conceptual ideas being presented next week. There is also some new talent on the design and coordination team with experience in putting quality shows together in DCI, DCA, WGI etc.

I would bet that the show will be entertaining and more competitive next summer.

Donny

Good stuff. I can't wait to see the 2008 corps. Keep up the good work Irish! :)

LOL, you're asking this of a man who's had the same hat on for 20 years.

Technically it is not the same hat...but rather the same design of hat. One story I heard is that the only place Roman can get them is some specialty hat shop somewhere in Europe. So whenever he's there he gets like 4-5 of them with different patterns on them. After seeing those hats for 4 going on 5 years now I'm inclined to belive the story.

Technically it is not the same hat...but rather the same design of hat. One story I heard is that the only place Roman can get them is some specialty hat shop somewhere in Europe. So whenever he's there he gets like 4-5 of them with different patterns on them. After seeing those hats for 4 going on 5 years now I'm inclined to belive the story.

From my observations, Roman's hat is the kind that is mainly worn in the northern parts of Germany. My mother is from that region and my grandpa used to wear them as well. They are mainly worn by men (over 50) who are somehow connected to sea, fishermen,sailors, captains etc. Which is not surprising since the north of Germany is mainly coast line :P . I think it is referred to as a 'Prinz Heinrich Mütze"

just my 2 cents on Mr. Blenski's fashion statement

But everyone on the staff that has brought up the "different hat" subject was put in their place. Including me various times. It is not going to change anytime soon.

Prinz Heinrich Mutze...ROFL

Donny

I think the resale value of an instrument is more important than the initial price for a horn line. Today, many groups get new instruments almost every year because the sponsorship they have with a manufacturer allows them to sell horns after a season has ended for more money than they originally paid. There simply isn't a large enough market for G bugles to facilitate this kind of cycle.

I hope Pioneer decides to go with King or Kanstul. it seems like every corps that made the change over the years went with Yamaha (who never even made G bugles) or Dynasty. Since I hear and see so many horror stories about Dynasty and since there are soooo many corps using Yamaha, i hope Pioneer goes with King or Kanstul. It would be interesting to see that knd of support in the lower echelons (no disrespect intended!!) of DCI ^OO^