Gasparilla Open House

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of us will be meeting shortly to discuss the formation of a new DCA corps. I can say that next Sunday, somewhere in Florida there will be a meeting and after that there will be an immediate announcement on DCP to inform everyone of the intentions. From here on lets go to the Florida thread to discuss this topic as Gasparilla is not the topic anymore.

This is Thomas Warren CPA for the Gasparilla organization. This email address is for Board use.

The group is moving forward with different goals in mind. As far as Jim is concerned, he has the biggest heart from anyone I have ever met. He has sacrificed money dollars and made mistakes along the way however the Jim that I know is much different from all accounts.

He has a great family with 5 kids including a 13 month old daughter, his business continues to grow and oh by the way you can always check Florida lottery link for past winners. Check July 2007 if its still posted.

I would like this type of person on my team!

T.H Warren

Board Member - CPA

Here's the bottom line....

I was in communication with the director and I felt excited about what I was hearing. I hyped the corps not only on DCP but to students of mine and their parents. Several of those students were going to skip the military ball to go to the Open House. Up till this past Thursday I was preparing, as were several other people, to be a part of a DCA corps. I talked to various members of Heat Wave and talked them into coming over to Gasparilla.

I don't blame Jim, I blame the entire management team for not being up front to me as a staff member! "Honesty is such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue..."

This is Thomas Warren CPA for the Gasparilla organization. This email address is for Board use.

The group is moving forward with different goals in mind. As far as Jim is concerned, he has the biggest heart from anyone I have ever met. He has sacrificed money dollars and made mistakes along the way however the Jim that I know is much different from all accounts.

He has a great family with 5 kids including a 13 month old daughter, his business continues to grow and oh by the way you can always check Florida lottery link for past winners. Check July 2007 if its still posted.

T.H Warren

Board Member - CPA

The fact is after all the hype one of the reasons not to support this effort was the lack of interest. Yes, lack of interest.......

With all the forum chat out here only about 27 people registered for the Open House and over 90 emails from high school and college students.......

FWIW, I don't register for anything, even open house. Unless it involves a meal, or a T-Shirt. That doesn't mean I'm not interested. To me 27 is pretty high number for positive confirmations. If you factor in probalby 2x27 for the fence sitters. Add the two numbers together and you have over 100 interested folks. Maybe not commited, but "interested". It just doesn't sound like lack of interest to me. Especially for a first year corps. But that's just my opinion.

T.H Warren

Board Member - CPA

And all those people who were planning on marching don't have great families or big hearts?

Sympathy only goes so far.

Gasparilla is no longer a discussion for DCA.

Topic closed.