How many corps is enough?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The late 70s Blue Devils would like a word with you.

lol

The late 70s Blue Devils would like a word with you.

There was no lock. From 1981-2005, the same 8 corps had a lock on the top 4 spots. Of course the Blue Devils were excellent in the late 70's, but there was still movement all the way to the top of the charts. Spirit, anyone? 27? In theory, more than the corps that ran the world starting in 1981 had the reasonable opportunity to win the whole shebang.

I would suggest to you that it's harder to grow top-flight corps when the best you can imagine your corps doing is 5th place for the foreseeable future. Add to that a serious downturn if you have an off year (see: the #### that Madison puts up with) and you have some discouraging forces.

At least in Open, it's really open. No one can say that the Open division can't be won by anyone. It can. It's World that has a glass ceiling, and at times, that makes Open that much more appealing.

As for DCA, not that many parents with teenagers or older age march. And if any kid doesn't really want to march, All Age corps wouldn't want them any more than a DCI corps would.

Ummm... We had 9 parent/child pairs in our corps this past year. We hear all the time of people all over the northeast marching with their tennage kids. I thik it's more prevalent than you insinuate.

You mean a junior corps...there is my beloved Marine Drum & Bugle Corps...

As well as two all-age concerns in the area.

I just said... in the post you quoted:..

I think he meant as far as DCI goes, since, correct me if I'm wrong, Cadets didn't win a DCI championship until 1983 and the Cavaliers until 1992...

I'm just stating what I interpret from what he meant, please don't call me out for it. I'm well aware that the Cadets and Cavaliers have a rich history and legacy. I thought i mentioned that too, in the post you quoted.

And no, I wasn't being sarcastic. (my friend just pointed out that it could be read that way, sorry!)

Sorry, didn't read it well enough. Please accept my apology.

Sorry, didn't read it well enough. Please accept my apology.

No worries :)