The Next Great American Band

Denver and the Mile High Orchestra performed on the show The Next Great American Band. They made the cut for "top 12" (haha) and are now in the official competition. The lead trumpet player is a former and current participant in drum corps and it would be great if we could boost his band's success by watching and participating 'interactively'.

Good luck to Denver and the Mile High Orchestra!

Tear em up, Tornado!!

:angel:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I THOUGHT I recognized DMHO in the preview. That's awesome that a quality band is in the "top 12".

I interviewed Denver Bierman, the lead singer of the Mile High Orchestra, on my podcast back in June. You can download it here.

Very nice!

Yeah, it's Scott Stewart. He was our trumpet tech this past season. He marched with the Freelancers and was a soloist with the Blue Devils in the mid 90s. I heard he'll be the brass caption head at Jersey Surf in '08. Great guy and one amazing player.

• 2 weeks later...

DMHO will be on Fox again tonight at 8/7Central. If they make it, vote! Support a drum corps alum and current participant on the national TV level!

ROCK ON!

HOLY COW did they rock tonight!!!! It was rough since they didn't find out until the end of the show that they made it. If you didn't see these guys...your loss!!

Vote toll free!

Edited by fick

Yeah, it's Scott Stewart. He was our trumpet tech this past season. He marched with the Freelancers and was a soloist with the Blue Devils in the mid 90s. I heard he'll be the brass caption head at Jersey Surf in '08. Great guy and one amazing player.

I think he used to post here every now and then, too.

I really dug their take on the Elton John song. Even easier to root for them knowing that there is a drum corps alum in there!

I think he used to post here every now and then, too.

I really dug their take on the Elton John song. Even easier to root for them knowing that there is a drum corps alum in there!

His name is Scott Steward not Stewart. FYI. They are two different guys. One marched Freelancers and BD, the other was the director of Scouts.