MOE KNOX

As far as "making money" off of drum corps how many "instructors" past and present are in the HOF? Quite a few. My vote is for Moe. :blush:

i would think that if Steve Vickers could make it into the HOF there should be absolutely no reason that would preclude Moe Knox from making it in.

i would think that if Steve Vickers could make it into the HOF there should be absolutely no reason that would preclude Moe Knox from making it in.

There are two "Halls of Fame", one is the "World Drum Corps Hall of Fame", which I believe was started by Vince Bruni, and the other is the DCI Hall of Fame.

The procedure for the World Hall of Fame is listed above.

As far as the DCI Hall of Fame goes, that's a tough nut to crack ... Getting in is an insanely political popularity contest and the only people that actively vote are HOF members and DCI Board members. The rules for the nomination process can be found here:

http://www.dci.org/about/fame/board_election.cfm

Again, the politics involved are such that it is nearly impossible to get in unless you are an instructor, judge or administrator ... (Note that Ed Holmes, the Director of the Bridgemen from inception through 1978 is not a member, while virtually every other corps director from the early days is ... and that's not for lack of effort either.)

There is another route for getting into the DCI HOF called the "Legends of Drum Corps" that has much easier requirements and doesn't depend on a vote of the DCI HOF membership ... Anyone interested in pursuing this for Moe Knox should contact Dave Kampschroer.

Someone that is in the WDCHOF has to sponsor Moe. I am sure he would get in easily. He would certainly get my vote.

Donny

To all..........please know that the HOF has had in place two methods by which individuals can be either 'elected' via the traditional nomination/selection process or by the President's Choice award in which a member is 'appointed' by the president after executive board review.

Our (HOF) biggest problem every year is that there are sooooooo many worthy candidates out there and we are limited as to the number of those that realistically can be 'inducted' in either category.

Our selection committee has, in hand, over 150 resumes/applications of candidates, many of whom clearly meet the criteria for the election process. Yes, financial constraints limit the number of inductees each year. If we were to receive a grant to provide for a greater number of openings, we could surely look to revising our proven procedures to accomodate additional new members. That's the ideal.

Moe has not been ignored. I'm glad to hear that he was out at the Brooklyn United show. I only hope that his health is holding up..........one of our major concerns as an organization is that we induct worthy members while they're alive and able to share the recognition with family, friends and their peers in the activity.

Please know that the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame will continue to be progressive in its approach to accomodating the maximum number of yearly inductees and we constantly strive to 'do the right thing' for the many potential candidates out there.

Jim Cossetti

Executive Secretary

By my count, Maurice D. Knox Jr. has been on the sidelines--probably weraring same dungo bell bottoms--for over 45 years wth his trusty tools.

The lucre he's raked in from this activity wouldn't provide most of us with beer money, much less a living.

He's at virtually every Park City Pride rehearsal; if you asked him, "Hey Moe, d'ya have any shots from the 1967 Dream?" he'd show up with some the next week.

Not only should he be in the HoF, but some interested parties should look into digitizing his zillions of photos.

Kudos to Al Chez for getting this thread rolling ...

Ace

Thanks Al for bringing this topic to everyones attention ! This man is a drum corps icon if there ever was one !!

I'm 56 years old now and I can remember checking out Moe's pics when I was a young man still marching .

I just took a look at the form for the WDCHF and it looks like unless your a musician , instructor , director or

a coreographer of some sort then there dosn't seem to be room for anything else which is in my opinion absolutly

ridiculous ! Well lets get this get this done . Maybe Kevin Gamin or someone on the DCP staff can help some how

like starting a poll to show these hall of fame organizations and I mean all of them WDCHF , DCI , etc . I would be

willing to bet with all the negative press that DCI has been getting lately that this might be a great big breath of

fresh air for them . This has got to be done right times a wastin ! I have a few cards in my hand I'll see if I can

play them . :blush::blush::blink::blush::blink:

Our (HOF) biggest problem every year is that there are sooooooo many worthy candidates out there and we are limited as to the number of those that realistically can be 'inducted' in either category.

Jim Cossetti

Executive Secretary

While I agree there are MANY worthy candidates that should get in the HOF I have seen many that are already in who while having been in this activity for a thousand years and helped many drum corps to fame MOE has touched THOUSANDS of drum corps fans with his pictures and helped spread drum corps history in the making to the rest of us by doing so. He should be moved to the head of the line and held in awe and respect.

To all..........please know that the HOF has had in place two methods by which individuals can be either 'elected' via the traditional nomination/selection process or by the President's Choice award in which a member is 'appointed' by the president after executive board review.

Our selection committee has, in hand, over 150 resumes/applications of candidates, many of whom clearly meet the criteria for the election process. Yes, financial constraints limit the number of inductees each year. If we were to receive a grant to provide for a greater number of openings, we could surely look to revising our proven procedures to accomodate additional new members. That's the ideal.

Moe has not been ignored. I'm glad to hear that he was out at the Brooklyn United show. I only hope that his health is holding up..........one of our major concerns as an organization is that we induct worthy members while they're alive and able to share the recognition with family, friends and their peers in the activity.

Please know that the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame will continue to be progressive in its approach to accomodating the maximum number of yearly inductees and we constantly strive to 'do the right thing' for the many potential candidates out there.

Jim Cossetti

Executive Secretary

Jim ... was Moe ever nominated? How many years is the nomination active until it goes to the special committee for consideration?

Thanks,

Andy

well, I am submitting a nominaton...perhaps we all should-maybe that would get the committee to pay attention !

VOTE FOR MOE !!!

Andy......since More was not in a drum corps, an instructor, administrator or an adjudicator, he's one of those folks who fit into a special category that can be recognized for "the good of the activity". He certainly fits here. There is/are no time limits or constraints on an individual of this magnitude who has made such an impact for so many years.

Moe is in good company on this special list. The executive body always deliberates at length in order to make our recommendations to the President. I'm not talking out of school to let folks know that we, as an organization, have not lost sight of Moe.

Jim

Jim ... was Moe ever nominated? How many years is the nomination active until it goes to the special committee for consideration?

Thanks,

Andy