actually we got tripe. i love the stuff. :smile:

Thank goodness! There's hope for us wannabe snowbirds :huh:

Thank goodness! There's hope for us wannabe snowbirds :smile:[/quot

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

edited because I tried to get fancy with the fonts and colors and screwed it all up:-(

Edited by donbucs

Cheese steak withdrawal is a terrible ordeal.

way back in 1978 i was with a "road band" that played a four week contract with the sheraton in downtown philly,JFK blvd.we played 6 nights a week.on a night off...............wait for it..................my uncle,who is from philly and a retired philly cop,took me and the band to a sidewalk vendor and i had my first and only philly cheesesteak.the vendor had a huge operation going,with all the works and photos of stars who ate there,on display.all the 50s and 60s philly stars (think dick clark) were represented. the cheesesteak was GREAT! i have other stories from that gig,but i will save them for the next padchof banquet.i cant post them here.nanci would KILL me! :smile:

Steve, that would have been either Pat's Steaks or Geno's, which is cattycorner across Passyunk Ave. from Pat's. Both are true Philly landmarks.

J

way back in 1978 i was with a "road band" that played a four week contract with the sheraton in downtown philly,JFK blvd.we played 6 nights a week.on a night off...............wait for it..................my uncle,who is from philly and a retired philly cop,took me and the band to a sidewalk vendor and i had my first and only philly cheesesteak.the vendor had a huge operation going,with all the works and photos of stars who ate there,on display.all the 50s and 60s philly stars (think dick clark) were represented. the cheesesteak was GREAT! i have other stories from that gig,but i will save them for the next padchof banquet.i cant post them here.nanci would KILL me! :smile:

You and your wife are welcome here any time.... just give a lil warning.... then we can clean out the spareroom.

Trust me, I just asked Ron for his permission and he said hell yeah!!

so are you here full time now or just a snow bird? :smile:

Steve, that would have been either Pat's Steaks or Geno's, which is cattycorner across Passyunk Ave. from Pat's. Both are true Philly landmarks.

J

a quick phone call to my uncle confirms it was "pats"! my uncle,being a retired police officer,seemed to be able to go and do whatever he wanted..............one morning i went down to the hotel lobby for coffee,and when i returned to my room,i found my uncle relaxing with the morning paper and he had ordered room service (free,as he put the charges on MY room.he had done his homework and found out it would be free,as i was under contract,as a musician..........."its okay,I am with the band"!!!! i still laugh about that!!

and as this is the "guess who"thread...............could the gentleman on the right have worn the buchanan plaid,at one time?

Ahem..

I would never cause you any harm at all.. (lovingly pinches Steve's cheek)

Please share your stories.

Especially, stories and / or clues about those presently featured!

Ahem..

I would never cause you any harm at all.. (lovingly pinches Steve's cheek)

Please share your stories.

Especially, stories and / or clues about those presently featured!

the guy on the right does look familiar to me,but i honestly dont know his name.really! as for the "other stories",while you would just pinch my cheek,the moderators would render such stories unreadable!LOL! BUT IF ANYONE WANTS A REAL LAUGH RIOT,give me a call!

J

Yo, what about Tony Luke's, at Front & Oregon.....now that's Souf Philly!