Talk about scary! That photo reminded me instantly of an event 40 years ago this week when I finished Basic at Ft. Dix. (1968 was 40 years ago, no? Good grief!)

And that Peggy Lipton reference...shoot, she's 3 weeks older than me but probably still looks good. Meanwhile, the guy on the left looks like Jimmy Elvord, but I think the only green he ever wore was Madison's.

Oz,

Thanks for the information. Peggy Lipton is also 9 months older than me. Back in the day, many a teenage boy watched the show, only to see her. In my mind she will always look like the picture you posted. But then again, in my mind, I've got much more hair (not gray) and a 32 in. waist.

I guess thats why we do alumni corps. When we're playing we're still 25 or 17 or......I think it's time for my medication now.

Ron, just so you don't make the drive for nuttin'...they cancelled alumni practice for this evening. Calling for freezing rain.

BTW, ya gotta stop wearing those 32 in. waist pants!

:thumbup:

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who the guy on the right is # 251?

Clue # 1. One of the Corps that he's been in is the Kilties.

Ron, just so you don't make the drive for nuttin'...they cancelled alumni practice for this evening. Calling for freezing rain.

BTW, ya gotta stop wearing those 32 in. waist pants!

:thumbup:

Marty,

Thanks for the cancellation update. And here I drove back to PA from FL just for practice tonight. :thumbup:

Actually, up for the holidays, family visits and doctors appointments. This rotten weather makes me miss Florida, just that much more.

As for the 32 in waist pants; I'll pass them down to you, if I ever outgrow them. I'm waiting for hand-me-downs from Jimmy C. that I can wear as Bermuda shorts back in Florida. :thumbup:

Hi to Tara & the "G-Man".

Back to the post: I was in Nam with a Kiltie named Dave Krump. He was a drummer in the middle 60's.

Guess Who the guy on the right is # 251?

Clue # 1. One of the Corps that he's been in is the Kilties.

Duh... think I know now... Is it a fellow DCP poster????

I dunno Ron.......I still wear a 36....can't seem to get my 'just out of basic/AIT svelt figure back, of course that was many moons and beers ago......

You may have all of my cast offs.........including the bell bottoms and paisley shirts

J

Marty,

Thanks for the cancellation update. And here I drove back to PA from FL just for practice tonight. :thumbup:

Actually, up for the holidays, family visits and doctors appointments. This rotten weather makes me miss Florida, just that much more.

As for the 32 in waist pants; I'll pass them down to you, if I ever outgrow them. I'm waiting for hand-me-downs from Jimmy C. that I can wear as Bermuda shorts back in Florida. :thumbup:

Hi to Tara & the "G-Man".

Back to the post: I was in Nam with a Kiltie named Dave Krump. He was a drummer in the middle 60's.

Duh... think I know now... Is it a fellow DCP poster????

Hmmm ... maybe a mid-range player from the 60's?

:-)

I dunno Ron.......I still wear a 36....can't seem to get my 'just out of basic/AIT svelt figure back, of course that was many moons and beers ago......

You may have all of my cast offs.........including the bell bottoms and paisley shirts

J

By the way Jose, make sure you have your Flagg Flyers shined for Midnight Mass! Just got my Nehu jacket out of the cleaners, so I'm ready to go!

For what it's worth, I stopped doing "moons" back in the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Oldbuc