WOW! You can discern it's a 49-star American flag from the partial view in the photo? If so, you are VERY astute. I'm impressed.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

I've been in this biz long enough to recognize row-and-column patterns.

A 48 or 50 star American flag has a star placed on every corner of the field. The 49-star does not.

Andyroo said:

"You guys can laugh all you want about Christmas specials, but there are some of us on this thread were around before Christmas specials. In fact, there are a few of us who were around before Christmas was even invented."

Gee Andy, I knew you were old, but not THAT old! I thought you were going to say that "there are a few of us who were around before television was invented!"

You WERE friends with Philo T. Farnsworth, weren't you?

See you in Baltimore (Parkville)?

Sorry John, I won't be in Baltimore. I checked the route with my GPS unit and it says, "You can't get there from here." So....

Actually, I have a great deal of training to do - more than any year previous - and one of my long-time clients can only be fit in on that Saturday morning. And besides, they pay quite well and I'm extremely greedy.

As for my age.... I'm so old I remember the test pattern on television. I'm so old that I remember portable radios that were the size of a cinder block and weighed about the same. I still have drum corps recordings that I recorded on a reel-to-reel recorder that weighed about sixty pounds. I'm so old that I remember when "climate change" meant the end of the Ice Age.

And a lot of others on this thread remember those same things!!!! :tongue:

So Andy......who was that indian (native american) in the center of that pattern????????????? Jay Silverheels?

Sorry John, I won't be in Baltimore. I checked the route with my GPS unit and it says, "You can't get there from here." So....

Actually, I have a great deal of training to do - more than any year previous - and one of my long-time clients can only be fit in on that Saturday morning. And besides, they pay quite well and I'm extremely greedy.

As for my age.... I'm so old I remember the test pattern on television. I'm so old that I remember portable radios that were the size of a cinder block and weighed about the same. I still have drum corps recordings that I recorded on a reel-to-reel recorder that weighed about sixty pounds. I'm so old that I remember when "climate change" meant the end of the Ice Age.

And a lot of others on this thread remember those same things!!!! :tongue:

Edited by Jimbalaya

Elementary, my dear Watson.

I've been in this biz long enough to recognize row-and-column patterns.

A 48 or 50 star American flag has a star placed on every corner of the field. The 49-star does not.

I don't think I knew that about our flag. Thanks again. So ...who is the corps in the photo?

Hey John,

You stand out because of your drumming as far as I'm concerned. Maybe a little chubby and Cossetti like stature, but I still think it's your drumming.

Thanks to a lifetime of worthwhile drumming, Smitty does indeed have handsome chops! It is always gratifying to watch, and hear, a strong snare drummer.

QUOTE (dukecornwell @ Mar 26 2009, 05:07 PM) *

"Hey John,

You stand out because of your drumming as far as I'm concerned. Maybe a little chubby and Cossetti like stature, but I still think it's your drumming."

----------

"Thanks to a lifetime of worthwhile drumming, Smitty does indeed have handsome chops! It is always gratifying to watch, and hear, a strong snare drummer."

Jim

Thanks for the kind words, Duke, Jim! I am both flattered and embarrassed! See you both soon.

Tony said:

"John, I hope everyone remembers their "GW" name badges!

Donna and I will see ya there!!"

I'll have mine. It's already in my drum corps duffel bag. I'll have it on under the uniform for the show! I'm the 'vertically challenged' chubby guy in the middle of the snare line. May have to wear sunglasses when Fran is around, depending on his wardrobe choice!

John,

I've got the "vertically challenged" and "chubby guy" part covered.... :ph34r:

Last year's Dixie Stinger..... I'm NOT the taller one in the Hawaiian shirt. :tongue:

(I did have my DCP avatar with me though... which is now attached to my GW name badge)

4508dixsting2009franton.th.jpg

I need to find my GW ID badge. Ed I want a new one with my picture on it. Robbie thinks she is special that she has a picture and I am jealous. :thumbup: Robbie just kidding, but I am jealous she has one with a picture you know how we women are.lmao. I think mine is in the car somewhere Tony and I had ours at the indoor guard show we went to in Feb. BTW Tony needs an award he always has his with him no matter where he goes .

Edited by beagus

I need to find my GW ID badge. Ed I want a new one with my picture on it. Robbie thinks she is special that she has a picture and I am jealous. :thumbup: Robbie just kidding, but I am jealous she has one with a picture you know how we women are.lmao. I think mine is in the car somewhere Tony and I had ours at the indoor guard show we went to in Feb. BTW Tony needs an award he always has his with him no matter where he goes .

Bea, That's only because no one would recognize me these days with out it and I have no life.... :tongue:

(I wish I had a photo of my DCP avatar on mine.... I would need a MUCH bigger GW name badge if it had my picture on it! LOL)

To continue with our regularly scheduled program.... (I still don't have a guess)

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who the Corps is # 269?

I'm not sure of the exact year but, it was marked *Memorial Day Parade*. (I would Guess it was about 1960)

And none have Guessed the correct Corps yet. Yes, Robbie, it was a senior Corps.

Edited by TennTux