drumline14.jpg

Ok, guess what corps, where, and (about) when, clues are in the photo. Notice spectators looking at shiny red firetruck behind the corps........all that practice and lost to a siren....

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

drumline14.jpg

Ok, guess what corps, where, and (about) when, clues are in the photo. Notice spectators looking at shiny red firetruck behind the corps........all that practice and lost to a siren....

Okay, I got the rapid transit thing so it must be in North Jersey. Jimmy Cossetti marched in this corp but was taken off the roster for not paying dues and playing with too much vibrato. When they changed uniforms, it just didn't work out for him although they found it easy to hide him in the drill, but the pants had a stripe down the sides that could only be seen while there was a leg lift. I really can't say anymore about this as I get too emotional bringing back this memory. Don't ever ask Cossetti about this, PLEASE.

The Rapid Transit is the name of the Laxative I am using now, so you can understand that it took me 2 hours to write this.

HEY! Did you ask Nancid to post this? If not, it's been nice knowing you.

Edited by dukecornwell

Guess Who # 299 ?

Bingo! :satisfied:

From the World Drum Corps Hall Of Fame:

"DAVID KAMPSCHROER

David helped form the organization that in 1972 became Drum Corps International (DCI). He is a charter member of the DCI Hall of Fame, and currently serves as chairman of the DCI Hall of Fame nominating committee. He was a drummer with several corps, including the Phantom Regiment and LaCrosse Commanders senior corps from 1948 to 1959. In the mid-1960s, he judged overall general effect for both the All American Judging Association, and the Wisconsin chapter. During more than 30 years of continuous participation in various aspects of drum corps activity, he most recently served with the Drum Corps Midwest Judges Guild. In addition to serving as drum instructor and marching and maneuvering instructor with Blue Stars from 1969 to 1980 he also served as corps director and chairman of the executive board. While he was executive director, he helped form a group of seven Midwest corps known as The Combine, which became DCI. He has served as the DCI board chairman."

If you'd like to read up on him a bit, here's a couple links:

DCI Hall of Fame

DCI - Fanfare: Beyond The Call of Duty:

What kind of silly Guess Who was this? The guy is from the Midwest. The onliest Midwest guy I EVER paid attention to was Truman Crawford. What's the matter with youse?

You're tired of the quick guesses aren't you?

Are you sure that wasn't Captain Kangaroo?

drumline14.jpg

whoa.......you just ran off the rails. these need to be sent to our queen. she runs " this thing of ours" i think a kewpie is in order. what do ya say people????? :satisfied:

i think a kewpie is in order. what do ya say people???

I say give the poor rookie a break, this was only his 7th post on DCP.

Besides, he's from Chicago. That's in the Midwest. And he was nice enough to post a pic from Joisey.

Now Ray, Truman W. Crawford was from Endicott NY. He only holed up in the Midwest for about 4 years.

I say give the poor rookie a break, this was only his 7th post on DCP.

Besides, he's from Chicago. That's in the Midwest. And he was nice enough to post a pic from Joisey.

Now Ray, Truman W. Crawford was from Endicott NY. He only holed up in the Midwest for about 4 years.

Duh! You're making my point!

Midwesterners do not belong here! We are good old, red white and blue Easterners, who grew up on Dan Rooney, Harvey Berish, Eastern Review (with Bob the Kid) Our Lady of the Perpetual Conception, the Joe Schultz Cadets, Cossetti, etc. etc. etc.

That's real drum corps. Not these panty wearing, Big Ten Marching Band high leg lift marking time, Holton Bugle playing, Boys of '76 (eek, what a name, fa god's sake - mushugennas) listening sissy communist bando wannabes from west of Pittsburgh!

Sheesh!

Dan Rooney? Any relation to Ed Rooney, the SKEK manager who wrote columns for the original Drum Corps World published in Chicago? The same Ed Rooney who every season gave the "Showman of the Year" award to a little Midwestern drum major?

Harvey Berish? I won't go there. Google the RAMD archives.

Holton bugles, our secret weapon. Eastern slide-pulling corps played Getzens, which were slapped together on the South side of Elkhorn WI by entry-level workers. After the workers gained years of experience, they became craftsmen at the Holton factory on the North side of Elkhorn WI and built precision rotary-valved bugles.

West of Pissburg? Most of youse guys ain't ever been there. Ya can't find anyplace that ain't on a subway map.

Dan Rooney? Any relation to Ed Rooney, the SKEK manager who wrote columns for the original Drum Corps World published in Chicago? The same Ed Rooney who every season gave the "Showman of the Year" award to a little Midwestern drum major?

Harvey Berish? I won't go there. Google the RAMD archives.

Holton bugles, our secret weapon. Eastern slide-pulling corps played Getzens, which were slapped together on the South side of Elkhorn WI by entry-level workers. After the workers gained years of experience, they became craftsmen at the Holton factory on the North side of Elkhorn WI and built precision rotary-valved bugles.

West of Pissburg? Most of youse guys ain't ever been there. Ya can't find anyplace that ain't on a subway map.

Yeah, Ed Rooney (from Boston) I can't believe I wrote Dan Rooney! That's how upset youse got me with this Midwest nonsense! I believe those Holton folks were not entry level - actually more like exit- level.

Clearly you're another commie - I notice you didn't take any issue with the commie bed-wetting stuff, which you must admit is the truth!!! HAH!