Here's a pic of Brigs in '67 with the black DM uni...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6486425843_221935638d_z.jpg

Third horn, last row on the left looks like George Ross. And the soprano just to the right of the DM appears to be none other than Mr Phil "Junior" Lorini!!! Both would later march with Skyliners. Two really great guys and very talented. Every corps should have a couple of these guys.

Saw Junior at DCA this year. Still miss George, sigh.

Ray

Interesting bit of Brigs history ... I recall your drumline wearing black uniform jackets some years ... maybe around 66 or 67? ... not sure about 63 ... I do remember the Brig's using Blessed Sacrament's drums at the 63 WO as Bobby Thompson taught both corps ... sounded fine but, they did look a little odd with your unis ...

:-)

66 - whatever the drum line wore black satin with a white V stripe on the front...

63/64 and maybe 65 I believe the entire corps was in the white cadet unis... as the corps got larger they improvised due to the expense of the cadet uni...

Here's a pic of Brigs in '67 with the black DM uni...

http://farm8.staticf...21935638d_z.jpg

wow there's some great people in that picture... the black uniform is Corky Fabrizio

the second from the left tall good lookin' sop looks to be Roy Grant who just passed on...

Junior Lorini is quite obvious the sop seemingly alone just to the right of corky

the squard of French Horns behind junior... on the right is Phil Cerimeli and to his left is Bob Marsman... and I'm taxing my brain but I suspect the very hidden French horn next to Marsman is ME

the tall thin bass bari to the left of corky in that squad of 4 is Bruce Bradley... Florida drum corps guys know him... still playing contra now... Bruce was a dear friend from my Gaucho days

Any other stories?

OK...I'll interrupt this thread briefly to share what very well might be the world's worst Christmas joke. LOL. You've been warned:

A local chess club goes to the big city and wins a major chess tournament. The members of the chess club then head back to their hotel and gather in the hotel foyer to celebrate the big win.

"We're Number One!!! We're the best chess club in the world!!!" they shout.

Suddenly, the hotel manager appears and tells them they need to leave the area and head back to their rooms.

"Why do we have to leave?" the club members say. "We're not really bothering anyone."

To which the manager replies:

"I'm sorry... but I can't have chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

OK...I'll interrupt this thread briefly to share what very well might be the world's worst Christmas joke. LOL. You've been warned:

A local chess club goes to the big city and wins a major chess tournament. The members of the chess club then head back to their hotel and gather in the hotel foyer to celebrate the big win.

Suddenly, the hotel manager appears and tells them they need to leave the area and head back to their rooms.

"Why do we have to leave?" the club members say. "We're not really bothering anyone."

Might I suggest a

KEWPIE

for bad OT joke telling?

Might I suggest a

KEWPIE

for bad OT joke telling?

ugh... there goes a minute or two I'll never get back. But, hey.... he did give us prior warning.

<shaking head and smirking> I hope you're proud of yourself Fran. You got me!

But, I was aiming for more stories involving the guys in the picture. :doh: lol

Good one, Fran. I can hear the collective "GROAN" from the audience now. Very punny.

Ray