That G.P. guy...didn't he win a rather prestigeous Individual Contest?

Not once ... not twice ... but thrice!!!

:-)

Does this start with the first shako on the left?

That's gonna be a little tough without some serious clues.

Straight bass drummers from that era didn't get much press time ... it would be near impossible for anyone on DCP to name him except for Ace Holleran who does not frequent GW ... so ... this is a gimme from me ... Gerard Henton is his name ... the rest if up to y'all ... except for maybe the next straight bass (#3) ... but we may be able to squeak out a few clues about him ...

Edited by ajlisko

Straight bass drummers from that era didn't get much press time

Straight bass drummers from that era were good to have if your corps got into a rumble.

• Like 1

Straight bass drummers from that era were good to have if your corps got into a rumble.

Well ... they did carry them big ... thick ... wooden mallets ... complete with a spare in their back pocket ... but ... what would I know about that? ... the PAL was a peaceful, inner-city, multi-racial corps ... rumbles rarely posed a problem for us ... like Glenn said ... we had the T-Birds for a diversion ...

:w00t:

like Glenn said ... we had the T-Birds for a diversion ...

I gotta throw some love out to those T-Birds, they pretty much dominated the winter guard season in the area and gave us drum corps comfort in the long cold months.

How you determine drum corps comfort is up to you........... :smile:

I gotta throw some love out to those T-Birds, they pretty much dominated the winter guard season in the area and gave us drum corps comfort in the long cold months.

How you determine drum corps comfort is up to you........... :smile:/>/>

One of those diversions became my wife (some 40 years ago) ... in fact, more than a dozen PAL couples hooked up in matrimony ...

:thumbup:/>

Edited by ajlisko

Straight bass drummers from that era didn't get much press time ... it would be near impossible for anyone on DCP to name him except for Ace Holleran who does not frequent GW ... so ... this is a gimme from me ... Gerard Henton is his name ... the rest if up to y'all ... except for maybe the next straight bass (#3) ... but we may be able to squeak out a few clues about him ...

So, Gerard is wearing the beret?