There’s a corps missing from that breeding ground list. Tiny Frankenberg’s Lindenaires. Amazing how many children learned the ropes in these corps and moved on up to the big leagues.

Jimmy O’Hara cut his teeth in the Riptides and later moved on to SAC and Sun I believe. Tommy Fagan from the Lindenaire’s made the move to Selden and took over the role Frank Buscemi held for so many years. Gary Quigley, a snare from the Lindenaire’s also found a home, all be it way too short in the eastern end of Long Island.

The Babylon Islanders also provided fuel to the roaring fires with guys like Chuck Ohlmiller, Tom Beresford, Bill Gallagher, Carl Goodwin, Dave King and others.

There were many parade corps also in that breeding ground that fed the larger corps talent. One that comes to mind is the Holbrook Skylarks. Ironlips would recall a gent named Jack Schwab that started out there.

There once was a corps on L.I. pretty much wherever there was an Am. Legion or VFW hall, or fire department. Parades were everywhere and that sweet sound of bugles and drums coming down the street would never cease to turn our heads and peak our interest to see who it was. NYC where we had the many parades and the sound was like thunder and corps members would gather on the corner to see who it was, or stand by the horn arc to catch the heat of the 36 man horn line.

It was all part of our lives back then and we wouldn’t have missed it for anything.

• Like 2

There’s a corps missing from that breeding ground list. Tiny Frankenberg’s Lindenaires. Amazing how many children learned the ropes in these corps and moved on up to the big leagues.

Jimmy O’Hara cut his teeth in the Riptides and later moved on to SAC and Sun I believe. Tommy Fagan from the Lindenaire’s made the move to Selden and took over the role Frank Buscemi held for so many years. Gary Quigley, a snare from the Lindenaire’s also found a home, all be it way too short in the eastern end of Long Island.

The Babylon Islanders also provided fuel to the roaring fires with guys like Chuck Ohlmiller, Tom Beresford, Bill Gallagher, Carl Goodwin, Dave King and others.

There were many parade corps also in that breeding ground that fed the larger corps talent. One that comes to mind is the Holbrook Skylarks. Ironlips would recall a gent named Jack Schwab that started out there.

There once was a corps on L.I. pretty much wherever there was an Am. Legion or VFW hall, or fire department. Parades were everywhere and that sweet sound of bugles and drums coming down the street would never cease to turn our heads and peak our interest to see who it was. NYC where we had the many parades and the sound was like thunder and corps members would gather on the corner to see who it was, or stand by the horn arc to catch the heat of the 36 man horn line.

It was all part of our lives back then and we wouldn’t have missed it for anything.

glen where have you been? i missed ya brother? what's going on?

glen where have you been? i missed ya brother? what's going on?

Missed ya too Don.

God has been testing me and I'm struggling to pass.

I see you've had trouble with the clues on the latest Don. Not to worry, I'm here to help you brother and you won't need a doctorate to figure it out.

Read this backward:

OENATAC ESOR

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

Jimmy O'Hara ... now there's a name from the old I&E shows of the 60's ... he played with the Bronx Kingsmen and OLPH Ridgemen before hooking up with BS ... never marched in Sun but taught them circa 72-73 ... haven't seen him in many years ... John Oddo came out of the Islanders and of course Wayne Downey from the Smithtown Freelancers ...

Now ... who's in the pic?

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Missed ya too Don.

God has been testing me and I'm struggling to pass.

I see you've had trouble with the clues on the latest Don. Not to worry, I'm here to help you brother and you won't need a doctorate to figure it out.

Read this backward:

OENATAC ESOR

thanks glen

ok my guess only because i can read back wards is.....rose cataneo.

how is that my queen?

• Like 1

HI GLENN!! :dancin:

(seems like a LONG time since you've last visited Who'ville!)

Hi T.

Things been hectic. Hope you and Donna are doing well.

Should I plan a trip south with da'boyes.... Guido and Lefty ain't been outa dis area in a while and they's getting itchy fer a little trip to sunny and warmer climates, if'n ya knows what I means. :shutup:

Donna and I are doing ok... getting ready for the Plymouth, MA festivities with the Reilly Raiders on the 23rd. The Parade is in the morning and then the Alumni Corps concert in the evening!

America’s Hometown Celebration, 11-23-2013 Parade and Drum and Bugle Corp Reunion Concert

http://www.usathanksgiving.com/

Saturday Night Concert
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2013 CONCERT LINE UP
Edited by TennTux
  • Like 1

Should I plan a trip south with da'boyes.... Guido and Lefty ain't been outa dis area in a while and they's getting itchy fer a little trip to sunny and warmer climates, if'n ya knows what I means. :shutup:

Donna and I are doing ok... getting ready for the Plymouth, MA festivities with the Reilly Raiders on the 23rd. The Parade is in the morning and then the Alumni Corps concert in the evening!

America’s Hometown Celebration, 11-23-2013 Parade and Drum and Bugle Corp Reunion Concert

http://www.usathanksgiving.com/

Saturday Night Concert
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2013 CONCERT LINE UP

i'll br watching doctor who that night..........just sayin.............. :tounge2:

i'll br watching doctor who that night..........just sayin.............. :tounge2:

With THAT lineup I'll be watching the... WHOA! Did you see and hear that! (just sayin' :shutup: )