With THAT lineup I'll be watching the... WHOA! Did you see and hear that! (just sayin' :shutup: )

sorry . it's one of my addictions........... :augen51:

sorry . it's one of my addictions........... :augen51:

I feel the same way.... So doesn't Freddy. He'll be watching the concert with us! :thumbs-up:

now that we know who the pretty lady is... and indeed that is one amazing drum corps family...

here's a treat for the old at heart...

since the picture of me was post #1 over 33000 post ago... that picture was taken at the end of "Michael Rowed His Boat Ashore" Legion Nationals Fenway Park 67

here is that FULL show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9HHlCbMF7E

Wow, shades of Memorial Stadium in Baltimore. Everyone, in all corps, were thrown off by the curvature of the stands, resulting in patterns being off-center and out of kilter.

But, good shows, never-the-less.

Was that Phil Lorini on the solo in America?

Ray

yes... the curve of the stadium screwed everyone up... as did the mud which is not apparent in this video but believe me the field was a quagmire...

I still can't believe the "tear" in the beginning of Michael... that alone put us behind Cru (Justifiably)

Junior could tell you better but I believe it was Arnold Zampi on that solo...

further... for you purists looking for me... I'm the inside horn on the #2 side... set up man... when we come forward I turn toward the starting line and make sure the two sides are aligned... just before the pose at the end of "Michael" you can see Mo Knox on about the 35 yard line #2 side getting ready to shoot the picture... an angle that explains why the tenor drums are over my shoulder.

I'm also a part of the Indian Dance... when the dance completes I am the front horn player... (6 o'clock position) pretty hard to miss at 300 plus #'s...

fun memories... thanks for indulging me

?.....why would you use Adam Carolla as an avatar?

I don't know who Adam Carolla is, but that was my Veterans' Day photo - last day of basic training in July 1970. You were already in the Hurcs by then.

Here's some memories for ya Ray:

Sunday August 23rd, 1964

Ronkonkoma, LI NY

1. 70.260 Smithtown Freelancers

2. 68.360 Babylon Islanders

3. 67.310 Scarlet Lancers

4. 62.660 Vanguards

5. 62.060 Thunderstreak's

6. 55.260 Oceanside Legionnaires'

7. 50.280 Saxon Knights

8. 47.830 Long Island Grenadiers

9. 42.650 Riptides

:-)

Have any mp3s from that show?

Can you imagine if anyone had walked up to you at a show in 1964 and asked if you'd heard the mp3s? I hadn't gotten my first 8-track yet.

Frank was kind enough to put a file of the O'side Legionnaires playing "The Cardinal" in my "Hey you used to be somebody" introduction video Labor Day. It was cool to hear again.

I could never figure out why "The Cardinal" passed as a color presentation... Was the Pope running for President that year?

I mean - I'm Catholic and I'm American, but it's tough for me to see many more connections than that.

But I digress (i.e. babble)

D'oze were da days my friend...

Can't believe the ####ing Thunderstreaks cleaned our clocks like that.

Geez...

I could never figure out why "The Cardinal" passed as a color presentation... Was the Pope running for President that year?

I mean - I'm Catholic and I'm American, but it's tough for me to see many more connections than that.

C'mon Ray, hymn type songs were always accepted as a Color Pre number ... Sky, Boston and Loretto's "I'll Walk With God", Sun's "Lord and Master", along with Oceanside the Cardinal was also played by Vasella and the CT Royal Lancers, St. Raphael's "He", St. Lucy's "God of Our Fathers" ... and, of course, the Hurc's "Hallelujah Chorus" ...

The one I could never figure out was Hawthorne's "Valencia" ...

C'mon Ray, hymn type songs were always accepted as a Color Pre number ... Sky, Boston and Loretto's "I'll Walk With God", Sun's "Lord and Master", along with Oceanside the Cardinal was also played by Vasella and the CT Royal Lancers, St. Raphael's "He", St. Lucy's "God of Our Fathers" ... and, of course, the Hurc's "Hallelujah Chorus" ...

The one I could never figure out was Hawthorne's "Valencia" ...

OK, you got me, but I'm still in favor of drum corps separation of Church and State.

Did you mean "The Lord's Prayer" rather than Lord and Master?

Archie did Lord and Master way back in (IDK) 54? Not as a color pre though...

OK, you got me, but I'm still in favor of drum corps separation of Church and State.

Did you mean "The Lord's Prayer" rather than Lord and Master?

Archie did Lord and Master way back in (IDK) 54? Not as a color pre though...

Mea Culpa ...I think I just felt Sister Agatha swat me ... I learned what a nurkie was long before joining Sky ... Archie definitely had a love fest with "Lord and Master" ... according to Corpsreps they played it in 59 and 62 ...

These interludes in Whoville in between pics are precious ... hope to see you in Bpt (with the Fallon Fam) at the BHOF I&E ...