Olph was later, started in T-Birds or 120 th PAL

Edited by Fossil50
  • Like 1

Yes ... you get a Stein of beer ...

:-)

I recall the days with Selden where we would go into Brooklyn to watch corps like St. Rocco's, OLPH Ridgemen, etc...

We were in this park I believe in Ridgewood, sitting atop this small hill watching OLPH do a run through. Man those Brooklyn boys could bring it. No matter how small or how young they were. Who knew back in the early sixty’s; many of these young guys would go on to prominence in the activity.

Edited by gsksun4

Ok, we've noted O.L.P.H.

Who else will claim him?

Sunrisers. Caballeros. Among others.

Yes ... you get a Stein of beer ...

:-)

Heh... reminds me of when I used to commute down to the DC area for work. At the Union Station train station's food court, there was a hot dog-and-beer place called Frank 'n Stein. LOL

• Like 1

Heh... reminds me of when I used to commute down to the DC area for work. At the Union Station train station's food court, there was a hot dog-and-beer place called Frank 'n Stein. LOL

Had a college room mate with last name of Stein (Stine?). He wanted to name his first born boy Franklin Nathanel (think about it :silly: ).

Last I heard he became a priest so don't think any Frank N Steins from him......

Next room mate became a Prison Guard so what the Hades affect do I have on people???

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Going back to #504 Ernie Hall.... I asked Joe what happened and how long he marched with Sun...

I also asked his permission to copy and paste. Here goes:

Joseph Thompson

August 1st 1994. At the corp picnic/softball game. He crashed into me at first base and went flying. Everybody ran to see if he was ok. By the end of the day I couldn't put any pressure on my leg. I drove home and had my sister take me to the hospital the next morning. The intern told me I would be in a soft boot for a couple of days. I went to the orthopedic doctor and he laughed "no way, you are going to be in a hard cast for the next six to eight weeks". Ironically I won "Sunriser of the Year" that year.

Please, invite others to read and participate here!

PS: Where he references his sister.... that's Cathlene Thompson.

And nobody messes with Cathlene.

Always one of NY's finest, even BEFORE she was a cop.

Great story.

Sunriser of the Year is a coveted title - I can tell you without hesitation that I never even got close.

Nor deserved to.