:ninja:

Hey Don -

Count your chickens buddy.. How do you think I feel - being from the other end of the world with most of the folks on these pages? I certainly enjoy putting faces to the names I've only heard about..Nanci wanted me to post some 'legends' from my part of the world, but I don't have enough old pictures. I'm just grateful to jump in here on occasion to see photos of true drum corps legends, even if I'm half a continent away.. Part of my continuing education - from the historical (and sometimes hysterical ) point of view. :tounge2:

And - since we BOTH shared that magical night at Horlick in '72 - I suspect you might cut me a bit of slack.. :innocent:

Pat

• Like 2

so how would anybody from upstate know any of these people? or even guess? c'mon man

Welcome to our world, Don, when there's a photo of someone from upstate NY of whom we have no clue. :tongue:

• Like 2

Hey Don -

Count your chickens buddy.. How do you think I feel - being from the other end of the world with most of the folks on these pages? I certainly enjoy putting faces to the names I've only heard about..Nanci wanted me to post some 'legends' from my part of the world, but I don't have enough old pictures. I'm just grateful to jump in here on occasion to see photos of true drum corps legends, even if I'm half a continent away.. Part of my continuing education - from the historical (and sometimes hysterical ) point of view. :tounge2:

And - since we BOTH shared that magical night at Horlick in '72 - I suspect you might cut me a bit of slack.. :innocent:

Pat

Have to admit to being a little nervous about Horlick... hope it's the name of a place... (was out of the country on gov't business in '72)

• Like 1

My apologies for leaving you all hanging for so long...

I haven't been feeling well at all... and I prefer to stay away from those I love when I feel so bad.

(I tend to suffer alone, so as NOT to take it out on those I care about)

That said, have you all named him yet? Do you need a new victim to work with?

Hugs!

Hope you're feeling better...

"Clowning With a Clown":

Picture was from the 1964 Barnum Festival Parade (Following the Parade of Champions which BTW the corps pictured here won), taken by none other than Moe Knox at Bridgeport's Seaside Park and appeared in Drum Corps News.

That's all for now.

Elphaba

The picture itself is a treasure. One of the things Iove about old drum corps pictures is our posture holding brass instruments compared to the kids now (actually contrasted to). Loved the corps pictured above in 1964, although I was 13 that season.

The corpsmember behind the clown doesn't set off any immediate memories, hairline indicators, etc. but I'm sure I'll smack myself in the forehead when the identity is revealed.

I wish I had a wall somewhere (in a den, if I had a den - there's something else to wish for) covered with pictures like this one. BTW it's out of the question - my wife would kill me.

After we name the two subjects, can someone name all the brass players in the picture? Not one at a time, Guess Who style, just a name and quick reference. That was quite a team.

Have to admit to being a little nervous about Horlick... hope it's the name of a place... (was out of the country on gov't business in '72)

Ray -

Site of the famous (or notorious) exhibition the night before AL Prelims in Chicago.. 8 junior corps, 4 senior corps.. The first time I'd really seen a 'legit' senior corps show..MBI, Pittsburgh, Crusaders and Cabs.

We (MBI) had to follow SCV on that night.. Talk about culture shock! Now too bad a season finale for a rookie.. We didn't make finals at Legion - they only had 8 corps in prelims, took four in finals, we were 5th.. almost a trend.. that seemed to happen to us a few times after that..

Pat

Welcome to our world, Don, when there's a photo of someone from upstate NY of whom we have no clue. :tongue:

ok my fellow subjects let me straighten you out. I WAS JUST KIDDING!!!! my humor is very dry at times. let me remind you all that i was the first one to make a guess on this thread. i was trying to get a rise out of our queen and i did. but she rose up too high. i almost lost my head . so now everybody calm down.

Ray... that Racine exhibition is legendary... as is Horlick stadium... the recording of 72 Crusaders there is the best recording ever of that corps... mostly because of the audience reaction which turned us on... and did the same for everyone else too... especially Cabs

• Like 1