He shares a nickname with the young drum major from the 60's Kilties, whose last name is Poulsen.

The first part of this features last name is a prefix that a large burger chain uses to name several of its products. The second part of this features last name is what you pay when you register your vehicle, "A Registration ___".

Edited by gsksun4

Okay ... short of having Glenn spell out each letter of his name, I think it only fitting to name this fine Scotsman on St. Paddy's Day ...

Albert "Scotty" McFee ...

:-)

• Like 3

Okay ... short of having Glenn spell out each letter of his name, I think it only fitting to name this fine Scotsman on St. Paddy's Day ...

Albert "Scotty" McFee ...

Thanks Andy and I guess it's safe to say he had his hands on the famous Skyliner periodical, The R.A.G. at one time.

• Like 1

Scotty was the Editor In Chief of the RAG (Raymond A. Garbarina) ... a newsletter for AL Post 1523 and its Drum Corps, The Skyliners ... Priester has more info on his history with the RAG ... as far as I know, he gave up the reigns in the late 90's ...

He was quite a character and is dearly missed ... to this day his Soup Bucket is on display at various Sky dinners and the recipe is still stirred up and shared at a number of Alumni Corps shows ...

• Like 1

This activity has been blessed by "characters" (I'm sure there's a better word) that helped bring great corps across the gaps caused by evolution - being there to remind them of their history. Sun had Uncle Nicky - a constant as we sought to rebuild the corps to the musical glory that was the 60s - and Nick stayed with Sun into the new Golden Age of the 80s.

The Hurricanes had Harvey - a truly funny, interesting guy who was hard to access - seemed inscrutible, until you were a Hurricane.

Archie had a number of guys like this: Pop Cossetti (Jim's dad - with the corps since the 30s); Danny Goettell - another founding member that stayed around for life; perhaps the most accessible was Jack Reilly - one of my personal heroes who not only came out on the field with his beloved corps as support, but who kept playing lead soprano as well as he could manage, right through the bone cancer that eventually took his life.

When I think about it, most of the Senior corps have had this type of cornerstone individual, the rock on which you build your foundation - the link to past greatness, and in some cases past stories that you might not want publicized but are still good to be preserved.

Yet another element that makes Drum Corps unique, no matter what equipment we take out on the field or what key instrument we're blowing into.

• Like 3

***Taps the microphone***

Hello... hello... is this thing on??? Anybody home??? :tongue:

• Like 3

***Taps the microphone***

Hello... hello... is this thing on??? Anybody home??? :tongue:

So anyway, my guess is John Q Public, who played 4th baritone in Harvey Seeds between 1817 and 1942. I know it's not a great picture - the water colors back then seemed to run quite a bit, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

I'm sure Andy marched with the guy and he'll straighten me out.

John's wife, Jane Doe was quite a looker, until she walked in front of that MBTA Green Line trolley - put kind of a hitch in her step.

Did I win the prize?

• Like 1

So anyway, my guess is John Q Public, who played 4th baritone in Harvey Seeds between 1817 and 1942. I know it's not a great picture - the water colors back then seemed to run quite a bit, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

I'm sure Andy marched with the guy and he'll straighten me out.

John's wife, Jane Doe was quite a looker, until she walked in front of that MBTA Green Line trolley - put kind of a hitch in her step.

Did I win the prize?

I think you're on to something here, for sure. :tongue:

Ray ... you are the prize!

BTW ... I'll be MCing the BHOF/St. Kevin's I&E in Boston on Sat ... will you be there? ... Jack Murray will ... playing with Sky's Drum Ensemble ... quite a nice lineup ...

• Like 1

Ray ... you are the prize!

BTW ... I'll be MCing the BHOF/St. Kevin's I&E in Boston on Sat ... will you be there? ... Jack Murray will ... playing with Sky's Drum Ensemble ... quite a nice lineup ...

Have fun, Andy!!!

I'm emceeing the Maryland Drum And Bugle Corps Hall of Fame luncheon Saturday. Our recent GW photo subject Joel Leson is among four inductees this year.