If you know SKY at all... you should know this fellow.

yeah but on my computer i can't see his face. i can't get a sharp pic at all. maybe my settings but i can't get it to focus.

If I'm right, how fitting this close to St. Patricks Day.

Andy, am I on the right track?

Correction: OK, I think I have the right train, but it's on the wrong track.

Nanci, the current feature would more likely be a Braveheart than an Irishman, so let's do away with the St. Patty's thing. Calling a Scotsman an Irishman could get one in deep cabbage.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 3

Our current photo subject....

He was the topic of a conversation we had last Friday at Bahrs Landing, a seafood restaurant near Sandy Hook, NJ... the northern part of the Jersey Shore. We were up there visiting family, went out to dinner... and ran into a Skyliners alumnus who lives in the area and who spends some time at that restaurant. In fact, we've seen this man every time we've been to that restaurant!!

This alum showed us a painting he had donated to the restaurant... a painting of a ship, given to him by our current photo subject... donated to the seafood place after our subject had passed away.

Our photo subject had made the last trans-Atlantic crossing on that ship, as a member of the crew.

OK... I know there are probably no clues in all that, but I thought it was a nice story. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

yeah but on my computer i can't see his face. i can't get a sharp pic at all. maybe my settings but i can't get it to focus.

Reminds me of an old joke:

"Sweetheart, I think you're drunk again... your face is all blurry!!!" LOL

• Like 2

Our current photo subject....

He was the topic of a conversation we had last Friday at Bahrs Landing, a seafood restaurant near Sandy Hook, NJ... the northern part of the Jersey Shore. We were up there visiting family, went out to dinner... and ran into a Skyliners alumnus who lives in the area and who spends some time at that restaurant. In fact, we've seen this man every time we've been to that restaurant!!

This alum showed us a painting he had donated to the restaurant... a painting of a ship, given to him by our current photo subject... donated to the seafood place after our subject had passed away.

Our photo subject had made the last trans-Atlantic crossing on that ship, as a member of the crew.

OK... I know there are probably no clues in all that, but I thought it was a nice story. :tongue:

i got nothing from that but a good story.

He was to Sky what Harvey was to the Hurcs ...

:-)

• Like 1

Yes, he was the Chief Steward aboard the liner S.S. United States!

Makes me hungry thinking about him; I think I'll have some soup.

That's the name... I couldn't remember the name of the ship. Thanks, Ray!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, our photo subject also was editor of a corps publication called "The RAG."

• Like 1