How is Roche not pronounced like Roach?

They're homonyms (unless that's not politically correct to say any more - I've lost my rulebook).

Mah - tee St -aaaa - n Row (your boat) ch.

You don't say like Ro chet' or anything do you?

Like a la Francais?

Marten de la Ro-chet? Mais oui?

The Marquis de Sade of the G French horn?

His mom pronounced the family's last name with the soft "ch".

And when his mom spoke... we never questioned her. LOL. She was a tough cookie. Great lady, but man, could she bring the heat sometimes!!!

I was a frequent "house guest" at his place in the Bronx.... one time his mom got so mad at him that she called him "Stan" instead of Marty!!! :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

His mom pronounced the family's last name with the soft "ch".

And when his mom spoke... we never questioned her. LOL. She was a tough cookie. Great lady, but man, could she bring the heat sometimes!!!

I was a frequent "house guest" at his place place in the Bronx.... one time his mom got so mad at him that she called him "Stan" instead of Marty!!! :tongue:

In Viet Nam I would get "flight pay" "combat pay" "hazardous duty pay" and it would all be tax free.

With you staying not only with Stan, but in the Bronx, you should have been getting more than I did, and definitely no taxes coming out!

• Like 2

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 516 ?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2862/13339935015_b2c06853e0_o.jpg

In Viet Nam I would get "flight pay" "combat pay" "hazardous duty pay" and it would all be tax free.

With you staying not only with Stan, but in the Bronx, you should have been getting more than I did, and definitely no taxes coming out!

Some day, perhaps I'll share the story of the night he and I were at a Jack In The Box fast-food place in his old neighborhood when an armed robbery happened.

Needless to say, we never went there again. :tongue:

Guess Who # 516 ?

Hmmmm.... I just noticed something with this photo. My eyes may be tired, but is that an American flag and Hawthorne over Stan's left shoulder next to that pole? Way in the back?

We'll not mention what Stan's doing with his left hand.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

Guess Who # 516 ?

Hmmmm.... I just noticed something with this photo. My eyes may be tired, but is that an American flag and Hawthorne over Stan's left shoulder next to that pole? Way in the back?

We'll not mention what Stan's doing with his left hand.

i see hawthorn. don't see the flag and don't know what you mean about his left hand.

Guess Who # 516 ?

We'll not mention what he's doing with his left hand.

Yes, and if Stan is in a photo that is what he was doing... heh (or attempting to bite...)

Though the original photo is not a very large, (870 x 574 pixels) the original has a few more folks in the pic. One of them was Stan's best man at his recent wedding. From this "set" of pics there's one where someone else is doing that "grab" on him and he's unzipped.... :shutup: (Though not involved in the "activities" of this other photo, his best man is also in that one as well...)

• Like 1

Don, the Am. flag is above Cabs and just below the lower roof line of the white building behind them.

Can't be more specific about Stan's left hand.

oh , i get it now..........nice . done that more than once.