Well, here's the scores and placings from the '63 A.L. Nationals. Some choices can be eliminated right off the bat, but other than that, I have no clue as to who the Cavie look-alike is.

1. Blessed Sacrament 86.416

2. Garfield 83.775

3. St. Lucy's 77.240

4. Muchachos 74.800

5. Magnificent Yankees 73.916

6. Argonne Rebels 72.263

7. Miami Vanguard 71.456

8. Marion Cadets 70.183

9. Austin Lancers 65.000

10. Katahdin Rangers, Maine 62.530

So, who is it?????

I have no idea, but Brinker came to mind immediately . I had to look and see if they came east, or in this case south east in 63. They didn't, as they made the trip to Seattle for the VFW crown.

As for ruling out possibilities, I think it's safe to say it's not Garfield, St. Lucy's or Muchachos,

OK, I've reviewed pictures I could find and think I have the answer. If you open the link below and click on the 5th picture from the left and look closely at the middle of the guard, there looks to be the drum major marching right behind and the uniform seems to match. Or maybe that's the guard captain, but I don't know if he'd be marching behind the guard. Better eyes than mine can make the call. Remember, the Miami picture is black and white.

http://corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=pictures&corpsid=574&corpstype=Junior

Edited by gsksun4

>>

OK, I've reviewed pictures I could find and think I have the answer. If you open the link below and click on the 5th picture from the left and look closely at the middle of the guard, there looks to be the drum major marching right behind and the uniform seems to match. Or maybe that's the guard captain, but I don't know if he'd be marching behind the guard. Better eyes than mine can make the call. Remember, the Miami picture is black and white.

http://corpsreps.com...orpstype=Junior<<

The question is why is he standing in the middle of BS at retreat? ... although, it wasn't uncommon for the Major of one corps to march on with another if his had already left ... my guess would be that it's the DM from Argonne who wore black silk blouses in the 60's ... some trivia: 1963 was one of the few years in the 60's (maybe the only) that BS and the Cavies did not meet in a National competition ... too bad ... both had excellent corps that year ...

:-)

>>

http://corpsreps.com...orpstype=Junior<<

The question is why is he standing in the middle of BS at retreat? ... although, it wasn't uncommon for the Major of one corps to march on with another if his had already left ... my guess would be that it's the DM from Argonne who wore black silk blouses in the 60's ... some trivia: 1963 was one of the few years in the 60's (maybe the only) that BS and the Cavies did not meet in a National competition ... too bad ... both had excellent corps that year ...

:-)

Andy, I believe the guy in question is standing in line with the rest of the DM's. Kennedy and LaRocca would be stepping forward to accept the trophy.

Here's a 62 picture of Argonne Rebels, first pic on left, also second:

http://corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=pictures&corpsid=5&corpstype=Junior

This recent exchange reminds me of the Watergate hearings.

"What did the drum major know, and when did he know it???? " :tongue:

This recent exchange reminds me of the Watergate hearings.

"What did the drum major know, and when did he know it???? " :tongue:

well at least we now know we can do guess who if we have to. and we are not all in the weeds this time. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'd like to thank our esteemed posters in their avoidance of the '63 Senior results........it still sticks in my craw even 54 years after

• Like 2

Just the mention of his name brings a smile to me - I was just a snot nosed kid and when he saw my Brigadier uniform, I was his best friend... He may have bled BS Golden blood, but he always considered himself a Brigadier... Bobby Thompson... one of the few who truly changed the activity... even if he couldn't hit home runs...

Is there such a thing as going OT when we're already OT?

Our GW # 1 made the "50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth" promo video clip!

50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth

Either you got off cheap or I need to use vets in your area..... 14 and still going.... :thumbup:

Had to take "that" final tip to the vet a few days before our Bichons 14th B-day.....

I don't think we "got off cheep".... Every time we go to the vet it's another $100 even when there's nothing wrong. heh

This year's DCA weekend brings us to the 2nd anniversary we took our Samantha (she was our 16 yr old Border Terrier) to that final trip to the vet....

We use the 4th of July as both Sam and Vickie's B'days as that's the day we got them from the local rescue....

Is there such a thing as going OT when we're already OT?

Our GW # 1 made the "50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth" promo video clip!

50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth

steve was from rochester. he was a news man back in the day.