Well, if it's too early for the corps in my carrot dangling post which would be 1975, and if it's not who some would believe the obvious choice, then it would have to be pre 65. Say around 63, then that wouldn't be Roosevelt Stadium. But, Roosevelt 65 was my first nod.

I'll go back to early 60's and say maybe the corps name could be derived from what a cloudy afternoon would turn into after dark and the year might be 64 and the stadium might be Syracuse NY, AL States and MacArthur Stadium. Or 63 and AL States and Rochester Aquinas Stadium. I marched in both places a few times, but can't recall a wall like that Roosevelt Stadium wall in either. Too long ago. Plus it was dark, so there. :tongue:

And speaking of Rochester 63 at A.L States, the Skyliners practically tore the place up. Ray Dandridge was throwing his rifle so high, #### near hit a plane. And Alabama Jubilee, OH MY!

Edited by gsksun4

I believe this "Corps name" was only used one year... after the merge of two Corps.

I think I have the two corps, but then the 65 Dream doesn't add up. For something so simple for those who where there, this is turning into a real puzzle for me. I even have a corps name beginning with the same name as a famous hotel chain in the mix.

Maybe I'm throwing too much wood on the fire. :blink:

Which leads us directly to the name of the corps resulting from the merger of the Magnificent Yankees and the Geneva Appleknockers.

this corps was merger of 2 corps after the 1964 season. they used the name for 2 years. it was not A.L. states in mcarther statium. the show thay they appeared in ,in the pic thay lost the show and when on to win the A.L nat's 2 weeks later. and like the sky that day that is the first word of their name.

this corps was merger of 2 corps after the 1964 season. they used the name for 2 years. it was not A.L. states in mcarther statium. the show thay they appeared in ,in the pic thay lost the show and when on to win the A.L nat's 2 weeks later. and like the sky that day that is the first word of their name.

Interesting Don ... I only remember the merger name lasting one year ... by 66 I thought they were back to being the "Rabbits", with they other corps going back to their Post on a cold, grey night ...

:-)

Interesting Don ... I only remember the merger name lasting one year ... by 66 I thought they were back to being the "Rabbits", with they other corps going back to their Post on a cold, grey night ...

OK, does this mean the corps I'm thinking of has had 5 different names over their history? :blink:

OK, does this mean the corps I'm thinking of has had 5 different names over their history? :blink:

If you do a search on Vince Bruni's biography, I think you'll find the answer to that question ...

If you do a search on Vince Bruni's biography, I think you'll find the answer to that question ...

No doubt there Andy. I'm zeroing in on this like a humming bird on a crabapple tree.

I'm also gonna guess this corps of many names must have changed their name mid season in 1965, and that wall in the back of the photo is indeed a hunk of that stadium named after a president.

Edited by gsksun4