If my calculations are correct, Tony was marching with Boston then, so he would have had to put lifts in his shoes. They were tough on little people back in the day (and occasionally on big people too).

I'm in Milford, CT,, August 2nd. 1969 and there's the Boston Crusaders on the starting line. The gun goes off and I witness something I'll never forget. JIm Centorino triple tonguing a jazzy Conquest. Blew the house down like the wolf and the pigs in the house of straw.

Just amazing. Tony can stand tall and wear that one proud till the end of time.

• Like 1

I'm in Milford, CT,, August 2nd. 1969 and there's the Boston Crusaders on the starting line. The gun goes off and I witness something I'll never forget. JIm Centorino triple tonguing a jazzy Conquest. Blew the house down like the wolf and the pigs in the house of straw.

so is that why the little shrimp thinks he was taller in 69? :augen51:

• Like 1

so what are ya saying my twin brother...................you were taller in 69? LOL :silly:

Why yes, in 69 I was.... "This Corps Is Made Of Giants..." :thumbs-up: :worthy:

• Like 1

If my calculations are correct, Tony was marching with Boston then, so he would have had to put lifts in his shoes. They were tough on little people back in the day (and occasionally on big people too).

As my sig shows, yes you are correct my friend...

Most of the members of "some other Corps" (Corps to remain nameless, I'm not sure the statue of limitations has run out as yet... LOL) were swinging a little higher than I stood so several of those missed me...

That and 1969 rookies, that wanted to live to see 1970, were smart to keep quite.... :shutup:

In 68 Jimmy was teaching the Lynn Continentals. After the 68 season was over he "invited" me to go to a BAC rehearsal. (I'll pick you up around 5:30, bring your horn...)

The rest, as they say, is history.... (At least as to how in the heck I ended up in BAC for the 69 season anyways)

so is that why the little shrimp thinks he was taller in 69? :augen51:

That's what others have said about the 69 BAC season.... *I* never said I was. Though I WAS in the company of Giants! :worthy:

(Yea, I know yea just bustin my twin brother... heh)

That's what others have said about the 69 BAC season.... *I* never said I was. Though I WAS in the company of Giants! :worthy:

i thought maybe they had you marching on ramps out there. LOL

• Like 1