Sr show was rained out in 74

And no Wet Dream performances at that one? That had to suck for everyone.

Ask Fisher about that Wet Dream performance. The Hurcs went on and the skies opened. I was sitting on the uncovered side of the stadium, and didn't bother to try to find cover - I was just home from 2.5 years in Southeast Asia and hadn't figured ouit even wearing shoes yet. Being wet felt good. The Hurcs, at that point in the year had an eternal, interminable vamp to open their show - if I'm right I think it might have been "Don't Rain on My Parade"... The intro went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, and the rain got heavier and heavier and heavier and heavier and heavier, and by the time they had done their entire show the (covered) portion of the audience loved them more than World Peace.

It was fun to watch, for someone that only went to two shows in 1974 (after getting back to the world on June 1st I only went to "fog bowl" at Hofstra University and the Dream - hated everyone's shows that year) and felt cooler than the monsoon season in Asia... In general I liked it.

Sr show was rained out in 74

Didn't the Hurcs finish their show?

The closest YR came to winning the Dream was in 1969 when the Hurcs beat them by a tenth (which turned out to be a 3-peat by the Hurcs) ... no doubt the Rebels were a fan fav at the Dream ... who could deny applause to Don O'Conner's 1963 striptease act in the concert ... AND IN FRONT OF THE NUNS!!!!

Dancing-nuns.jpg

Oh thse CRAZY Dream NUNS!!!!

:-)

I have a different name for their stripper - but those who know me know I can't remember names any more. I'm told by the old Rebs that it's the same guy that did the Stripper Dance on the Archie Senior Medley that appeared here... I'll think of his name as soon as I stop trying. Nick Rizzi! There it is. My peeps tell me Nick was the original Stripper, BITD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC462LPfXiY

• Like 1

I have a different name for their stripper - but those who know me know I can't remember names any more. I'm told by the old Rebs that it's the same guy that did the Stripper Dance on the Archie Senior Medley that appeared here... I'll think of his name as soon as I stop trying. Nick Rizzi! There it is. My peeps tell me Nick was the original Stripper, BITD...

Regardless of who it was ... IT WAS TERRIFIC!!!!

194706188_645b7e1c16_o.jpg

• Like 1

The funny thing (to me) is that the early 60s version of the 'Stripper" was done at a tempo of almost 130 - making it a tough strip number. Not unusual for the time... when I got to do it I used the Skyliner transition from "Little Old NY" to get the real bump and grind tempo.

I always laughed at how Nick held onto that tradition/reputation - figure 1963 - 1990 is a pretty good passage of time. If someone had been a famous stripper 27 years ago I'm not sure I'd rush to see her (his?) act now... just sayin'... picture for instance, the 1973 SCV Color Guard reenacting the famous Bottle Dance... not sure it would have the same effect, but those girls could probably make it work - they were amazing. Very few things hold their value with the original performers for that long.

There have been sooo many great bits, traditions, tunes, in this activity you can't come close to naming them all, or doing them honor enough.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

I have a different name for their stripper - but those who know me know I can't remember names any more. I'm told by the old Rebs that it's the same guy that did the Stripper Dance on the Archie Senior Medley that appeared here... I'll think of his name as soon as I stop trying. Nick Rizzi! There it is. My peeps tell me Nick was the original Stripper, BITD..

BTW, that little youtube piece, supplied by Kevin McDermott who marched with Crossmen, Archie, Reilly, and I believe briefly with Sun (but I could be wrong about that one) and son of the recently departed Archie and Reilly soprano Jimmy McDermott, is a sort of mini Guess Who all by itself, with appearances by Jim Russo, Butch Anderson, Dave Mclennon, the late great Mike Snow, Danny Fitzpatrick - the list goes on and on... lotta fun to put together...

ok i know the queen will say i can't help blurting out when i know who someone is but c'mon we all know so i'll do the honors . it's the great truman Crawford.

• Like 1