I think you would find people that would say the same about me!

I'm an all-time just about okay.

Great?

That's folks like Dorritie, Sasso, Dreitzer, Jumpin' Joe, Delucia, Gene Bennett, Cossetti, Ruben - the list goes on.

I'm pretty happy on the okay list.

As long as it's the "All-Time OK " list.

You're the only guy I know that complains about himself ... others would give their right nut to have had the career you have ... okay ... had ... see???? ... now ya got me doin' it!

Edited by ajlisko

(pssst.... I hope he's not looking here. But, has Harry made it into the Hall Of Fame yet?)

(If not... then, someone's work wasn't finished.)

Harry has said on many occasions he will reject any nomination to the WDCHOF ... he is in the BHOF ...

• Like 1

Well, then...... let his son accept on his behalf. He deserves it No?

I don't think you heard me ... he will not accept even a nomination ... got it?

:-)

• Like 1

You're the only guy I know that complains about himself ... others would give their right nut to have had the career you have ... okay ... had ... see???? ... now ya got me doin' it!

Dude - I GAVE my right nut to have the career I had.

I think I'm pretty good.

But you look at LEGENDS like Martin, Swan, Pepe, Harry, Hightower, Ariola, Baby John, and that's just the tip of the PLAYER iceberg.

I feel like Forrest Gump sometimes.

I worked around unbelievably talented people.

I got into a lot of photos with some greats.

If they ever need someone to drive them to an event, I'm right there.

But I'll take "All-Time OK" or if you insist, "All-time pretty good"

And I worked my balls off to get to a level like that.

I'm no Dreitzer.

• Like 1

I don't think you heard me ... he will not accept even a nomination ... got it?

Any idea why?

You know, in the early days, Pepe used to worry about being voted in early enough.

He knew he'd get in, but he fretted.

Harry has had an unbelievable career as player, teacher, and judge.

Maybe we should petition him, or at least formally ask him why not?

Bet it's a hell of a story...

Edited by rayfallon

Dude - I GAVE my right nut to have the career I had.

I think I'm pretty good.

But you look at LEGENDS like Martin, Swan, Pepe, Harry, Hightower, Ariola, Baby John, and that's just the tip of the PLAYER iceberg.

I feel like Forrest Gump sometimes.

I worked around unbelievably talented people.

I got into a lot of photos with some greats.

If they ever need someone to drive them to an event, I'm right there.

But I'll take "All-Time OK" or if you insist, "All-time pretty good"

And I worked my balls off to get to a level like that.

I'm no Dreitzer.

Wow ... somewhere this went awry ... I'm a light-hearted guy who makes fun of himself with the best of them ... and that's all I was trying to do here ... you are defenitely the "All time pretty good" category ... I didn't know you when ... but I'm glad I know you know ...

Wow ... somewhere this went awry ... I'm a light-hearted guy who makes fun of himself with the best of them ... and that's all I was trying to do here ... you are defenitely the "All time pretty good" category ... I didn't know you when ... but I'm glad I know you know ...

Didn't mean to take it awry.

Sorry Andy.

As snare players go, you're an all-time great bugler.

I'm making a little off topic trip because there's one theme on the rest of DCP (where I dare not post) that's making me crazy:

Whether it's Boston (one of my alma maters and a corps I love) getting "screwed" or judges taking DCA away from Caballeros there is one constant in any judged activity:

If you want to play, you accept the results.

Some youngster on another thread was all emotional that one of his favorite instructors told them (with tears in his voice) that they would never get the number they deserved.

Think about it. a) You want the activity to thrive. b) It's a judged activity c) when your team fares better in your caption, you're more desirable to corps looking for instructors. d) no one ever complains that the judges were wrong WHEN THEY WIN. e) you ask folks to come out and dedicate their summers & to trust you to give them what they need to succeed. Then when they don't end up where you told them they should be, you tell them they got screwed.

Are you spending a summer and a pile of money to return somewhere you got screwed? (unless it's certain businesses in Las Vegas, but I digress).

You step up like a man, or a woman, and you invest yourself in your corps, and in your staff. If you don't achieve all you were capable of, work harder or hire a new staff. If you got away with not working as hard as you could, hire a new staff anyway.

There's no crying in drum corps. They get the best judges they can get, and everyone agrees to play by those rules.

When they don't? Star of Indiana after 1993.

OK, sorry - little old guy in a red jacket - best friends of an all-time great.

The all-time great? A man, who's older.

That's all I'm sayin' lest lightning strike me.

Edited by rayfallon