Guess Who # 239? One @ a time, Left to Right, Please?

Also, the first subject on the left is a BHOF member who started in a junior corps in Queens. I used to watch them rehearse in a shopping center parking lot near my home. He later returned to the same parking lot with others from that corps, rehearsing in a senior corps where he was one of the top soloists. (His onetime partner there in a duet and he share the same initials.)

If ever a horn player had iron lips, he is it!

Hey, I know them guys......but whoo the hell is Jimmy Mallen??????

Joe

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who # 239? One @ a time, Left to Right, Please?

(can't wait to see the creative clues on this one!)

The guy on the left wrote & taught Garfield's hornline in '77 ...

Also wrote and taught our (Garfield's) hornline in 1971, the Revolutionary War show.

As a history major in college (he told me a few years back when we had dinner together in San Fran), he also made sure the libretto we passed out, and the show itself, was historically accurate.

"Hey, I know them guys......but whoo the hell is Jimmy Mallen??????

Joe"

Hey, Joe! You really ought to know who Jimmy is: After all, he's the son of a Joe! Joe Mallen!

I'm surprised. I thought all you Joe's knew the other Joes' families!

"Hey, I know them guys......but whoo the hell is Jimmy Mallen??????

Joe"

Hey, Joe! You really ought to know who Jimmy is: After all, he's the son of a Joe! Joe Mallen!

I'm surprised. I thought all you Joe's knew the other Joes' families!

(psst...Didn't you get the memo? It's "Leg Pulling Day"!) LOL

I know, Nanci! And I'm pulling Joe's leg too! LOL

(and Jimmy Mallen ... Why do you keep shouting at us?)

Gotcha. Please pardon any offense. BTW I thought that shouting was when one uses ALL CAPS. I didn't know that increasing the type size was also considered to be electronic "shouting". Is it? If it is, then I apologize. FYI I only increased the type size for the really old folks, like Cosetti and Dorritie (oops) to read more easily. :)

Gotcha. Please pardon any offense. BTW I thought that shouting was when one uses ALL CAPS. I didn't know that increasing the type size was also considered to be electronic "shouting". Is it? If it is, then I apologize. FYI I only increased the type size for the really old folks, like Cosetti and Dorritie (oops) to read more easily. :)

(my 2¢..)

I'm with you on the electronic shouting being in ALL CAPS.

And I thought that was a very considerate thing to do for those elder men. LOL

Ouch!!!!! Hey Frank, what did that guy just say??????? My tympanic membranes have been outta whack since I sat in front of dem drummers!!!!!!

Oy veh!!!!

Joe (no, not the Joe who knows Joe's family or those other Joe dudes, but the other (deaf) Joe, who don't see so good either)