For those at the Retreat.....

I keep hearing about how so many corps are converting to Bb/F horns so that they can have newer, nicer equipment. Corps will sell the horns to bands after a season or two and buy another new set, thus continually having newer horns. This idea won't work as well if the corps is selling horns that have recently been pelted with things thrown around at retreat.

Perhaps it is time for this "tradition" to end.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were not allowed to move during retreat. I guess the tradition of standing at attention no longer exists.

Our instructions were to stay at parade rest unless acknowledging some kind of award, in which case, the horn sergeant called us to attention.

Edited by Nex

why bring this up now???? stiring the S@*! plain and simple.

Huh, So, Mempho was instructed to stand still and only move when spoken to... :laugh:

Were Raiders instructed to launch Mike and Ike's at other corps??????????????

maybe

why bring this up now???? stiring the S@*! plain and simple.

Huh, So, Mempho was instructed to stand still and only move when spoken to... :laugh:

Were Raiders instructed to launch Mike and Ike's at other corps??????????????

maybe

Mike and Ike's?

We didn't bring candy onto the field to throw. All we know is, Revo threw candy at us, and we threw it back. Only at Revo.

Edited by marimbaman89

Did anybody else have problems with members of Revolution?

They were throwing gumballs around and it was getting really annoying up until the point when a gumball actually hit my contra. Try explaining to an already extremely stressed out director that the brand new contra that the corps just recently recieved has some nice dents from gumballs. Ya so I would like to know what the members were thinking in a such a time like that.

1) They had had a hard season just like your corps, going through rebuilding and probably just wanted to end the year with a laugh.

2) No harm can really come from a Mike and Ike (I spoke to a friend who marched) because they would be soft from the heat.

3) Not the entire group threw the candy, did you actually watch hornline? Guard?

4) I think it was only really offensive to Dutch Boy because it was their first time making finals in.... how many years now?

I guess some of you would hate what my old corps used to do on retreat in DCA.

The entire drum line would bring small beach balls, one year we brought out a fisher-price bowling set, another year there was 1 GIANT beach ball brought out, balloons, etc...

Retreat doesn't need to be so serious. It's different times, different ages.